Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Comandi vocali a volte funzionano e a volte no Gopro hero 8

[ New ]
Salve ho acquistato una gopro hero 8 a fine agosto. Ho alcuni problemi con i comandi vocali. A volte riconosce i comandi vocali e altre volte no. Ho fatto aggiornamento firmware e reset della fotocamera ma il problema persiste. Come possiamo risolvere? C'è da sostituire la fotocamera?
Hiker

Re: Comandi vocali a volte funzionano e a volte no Gopro hero 8

[ New ]
Same problem here, especially if the camera is mounted on a headband.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @docauto and @liveplus79. Is the voice command failing on specific commands? which language are you using? 

Hiker

[ New ]

US English.

Commands work if holding camera in front of my face, but does not pick up command if mounted on headband, no matter how loud I speak. Well, I haven't tried screaming at it for fear neighbors might object!Smiley Happy

Sightseer

[ New ]

Uso il linguaggio italiano. A volte non risponde a determinati comandi altre volte risponde a quei comandi.Per esempio A volte risponde al comando di accensione altre volte no e così anche per gli altri comandi.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional details that you provided, @liveplus79 and @docauto. If you have already done the manual update and the factory reset and the voice command still works inconsistently, the next step would be to engage our Support team. They will walk you through the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Hiker

[ New ]

The hero 8 is new to me. I thought I had completed the update, but it still shows update available at the app. How can I tell if update is needed? If update is downloaded and on iPhone, how do I get the camera updated?

Everything I read says "follow instructions on the app," but I don't find those instructions very complete. Neither do I find update instruction steps in the 70 page instruction manual.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @liveplus79. We recommend that a manual update be done instead. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. After the update, do a factory reset. These steps will help get rid of any possible error with the installation. 

Hiker

[ New ]

When I go to gopro.com/update and click on Hero8 it does not show the three options for updates, only "Update your camera using the GoPro app." Therefore I can't choose manual method.

I think I will have to get step through help.

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]
ADDENDUM: I got on my desktop and succeeded in getting the update into the camera. YEAH
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @liveplus79

Please refer to this link: https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Under OTHER WAYS TO UPDATE, click "Update your camera manually".

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej