Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Cold Weather, Battery Life or Camera issue? Hero7 Black

To whom it may concern... I have a Hero7 Black, just over a year old now. 3 GoPro Batteries year old(me using it), and then 4 Wasabi Power Batteries. I use my camera daily and replace batteries as they need to be when I'm working. I climb cell towers and use the camera in all weather conditions. Yesterday, Nov. 13th, 2019 I noticed or experienced a short life span on a 100% charged battery numerous times. My first tower of the day I was able to get 45 minutes out of the battery (normal day I get 1H 3 Mins now). Replaced the battery, hit record, 3 minutes later camera shuts off. Now 3% life. Replaced battery again, 100% life, record, 4 minutes, camera dies, 3%. On Monday, Nov. 11, I was climbing in a snowstorm and replaced the battery once on my first tower. I tried to keep the opening away from any fluids or snowflakes, but who knows if somehow water got inside while I was swapping the battery out. So maybe... my camera is shorting the batteries out? Not too sure as of now. I didn't even bother charging my batteries last night to try it today..

Thank you for your time! Curious if anyone else is noticing a similar issue.
GoPro

Re: Cold Weather, Battery Life or Camera issue? Hero7 Black

Hi @joroedde

Please refer to How to Improve Battery Performance in Cold Weather

To help isolate the issue, you may also run a test for Short Record Times

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej