Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Clip disappeared from HERO5

I watched a video on my HERO5 on the LCD. (it was footage of a Karma crash, right after it happened).  I then turned the camera off and continued to film a few minutes later. When checking the camera later, the clip I had previously watched had disappeared, nowhere to be found on the camera under all the media. I searched a few times and checked it on my pc after connecting the micro SD to my mac. 

I searched through deleted files using recovery software, but the file did not show up. There were no deleted file from that day. All the other clips are there on the SD card and where that clip would have been, there is nothing. 

Anyone had this before and know what can be done to find this clip? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Clip disappeared from HERO5

When you look at the names of all your videos shot that day, they should be sequentially numbered. Is there a gap in the numbering? If so, the only thing I can think of being a possibility is you accidently deleted the file when exiting the view media section on your camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

When you look at the names of all your videos shot that day, they should be sequentially numbered. Is there a gap in the numbering? If so, the only thing I can think of being a possibility is you accidently deleted the file when exiting the view media section on your camera.
Highlighted
Tourist

Strangely there is no gap in the numbering where the clip should be. But I definitely watched it just after the Karma crash and it was there. 

If you delete a clip would there be a gap in the numbering? 

Either way, using recovery software has turned up no deleted file. Very very odd.