Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Choppy Slow Mo Playblack even with recommended SD CARD

Hey guys so as I stated I have a choppy playback when I try playing my 240 fps into 60 or 30 fps. Every editing software I try goes bananas and is extremely choppy. I read on similiar posts that this was because they had an sd card that was not supported or recommended by GoPro. I bought the SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC (UHS 3 / V30) A2 128GB because it comes in the recomendations on this list 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

So I dont understand the problem.

My question is, is there a way to solve this? Am I using the wrong software? Is my computer old? (2012) Is my GoPro or sd faulty?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Choppy Slow Mo Playblack even with recommended SD CARD

@juanp86352, if you playback the videos directly from the camera, does it give you the same result?

If the problem only persists when viewing your videos on your computer, there are some suggestions HERE that you can try to help clear up the issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Nothing to do with your SD card, it's your computer not being able to keep up. Have you tried editing with proxies?

Also, I'm assuming you are transferring the video to your computer and not trying to edit the media while it's still on the card.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Been there done that, leads to OLD machine  when you  update a  big night and day difference.

Highlighted
GoPro

@juanp86352, if you playback the videos directly from the camera, does it give you the same result?

If the problem only persists when viewing your videos on your computer, there are some suggestions HERE that you can try to help clear up the issue.