Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Charging my Go Pro (Hero 7) in Continental Europe (Paris)

[ New ]

Do I need to bring a transformer with me to Eureope to charge my GoPro in the wall? I currently plug my USB chord that came with my GoPro into an adapter that plugs directly into a U.S. 110/120 V wall socket. Will this work in Paris or will I have to plug the adapter into a transformer that changes the current from 220/240V and then an adapter to fit the different French wall socket?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Charging my Go Pro (Hero 7) in Continental Europe (Paris)

[ New ]

I travel internationally a lot. When it come to power and electrical gadgets I always bring a voltage adapter along with the proper plug adapter. Even though it may say on the GoPro packaging that it can be charged at 220v. I always like to be on the safe side. I do not know if the GoPro Hero 7 the ones purchased here in the States are designed to be able to be charged on the 220v systems in Europe. Good luck and have fun in Paris. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I travel internationally a lot. When it come to power and electrical gadgets I always bring a voltage adapter along with the proper plug adapter. Even though it may say on the GoPro packaging that it can be charged at 220v. I always like to be on the safe side. I do not know if the GoPro Hero 7 the ones purchased here in the States are designed to be able to be charged on the 220v systems in Europe. Good luck and have fun in Paris. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Sounds like good advice. Thank you.