Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Charging and Overheating

[ New ]

My Hero8 is charging only to 92% - every time. Approx 1 in every 3 charges the unit will heat up to what I think is a dangerous temperature, almost too hot to handle. This has been happening for months, it is not affecting camera quality or general function however it will intermittently turn off unexpectedly.

> software is update

> have used only gopro approved chargers, batteries

> tried turning the unit both on and off whilst charging

> tried different power outlets in my place

> have tried with a mates spare battery for an 8, does the same thing

I cannot for the life of me reach anyone from GoPro either on live chat or via phone! Pretty desperate as I foresee an issue with this overheating.

GoPro

Re: Charging and Overheating

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the camera, @ryangopro94. Make sure that you contact Support within the hours of operation specified in the contact page. If you an error, try using a different device (computer or mobile phone). Clear cache on your browser, use a different browser or an incognito browser. You may also change the location to the US (if not yet) to get connected. 

If you choose to request a callback, you will be given a case number. If you do not receive a call in a few minutes' time, please provide us the case number so we can use it to follow up with Support. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your response, it is increasingly frustrating after already trying those options as I have read them through other comments and posts I am still unable to get through.

1. There is no contact number for sales and support listed anywhere

2. I fill the details out and the live chat times out and doesnt change OR it says there are no available agents

3. Every **bleep** time I say request a call, it says invalid captcha when there is no captcha, and I cannot proceed!!

Please help

GoPro

[ New ]

@ryangopro94. There is no more contact number for Support. It is either through chat or callback request that you will be able to connect with them. 

Try using a different device (a computer if you are using a mobile phone), or use a different browser. If you are unable to get to a chat representative during hours of operation, try changing the location to the US (through the upper-right portion of the screen, drop-down menu). 

Tourist

[ New ]

It's almost upsetting how unreachable they are. Nothing you have suggested is working and please note I have tried on iphone mac windows and samsung phone on safari and chrome...

Any idea why the captcha issue is occurring? I honestly cant see how I will be able to contact them?

Regards