Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Charging a Hero 6 whilst recording.

Hi everyone. I wanted to use my new Hero 6 Black as a dash cam amd as such, attempted to plug it into my cigarette lighter socket to charge whilst filming yet that doesn't appear to work. If I'm not recording, it charges and as soon as I start recording, the charging stops. This can't be correct right? It seems like a flaw surely?
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Charging a Hero 6 whilst recording.

for a good number of years that is how gopro works, on standby it will charge as soon as toy record it stops .  

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks fishycomics. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have a faulty GoPro.
Highlighted
Adventurer

not faulty the way it is . some cameras  have that ability and more likly the  hardware, maybe gopro could not compact  things and could bea good reason why we have to deal with it this way.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your thoughts on this fishycomics. I'll have to carry multiple batteries for use as a dash cam I think.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@kck78   one of themembers mentioned about removing the   battery  whilst charging this will  allow the camera to stay on and record.  I remember  the jero 4 you could not do that  not sure hte hero 5, reasons on the hero 4 we have a 30 pin port plug on the back, and you are able to bipass  the battery that way, Today that  addional hardware plug is no longer , due to  the waterproof.

I would give that a shot but remember to have your battery with you, incase you option to  remove and go shoot other than a dash cam.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you fishycomics 👍