Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Charger port broke

Hello,
I received my GoPro Hero + as a gift Christmas 2016 and I have used in frequently to make videos of life and holidays.

I was most excited to use it for my trip to Ghana, which I am currently on until December.

This evening I went to charge my go pro, and the way I always do, with care I put the charger into the port. The metal in the port pushed through meaning I can now not charge or use my go pro.

I’m extremely upset by this as I’m not even half way through my trip. And its to my understanding that i will not be able to get it repaired anywhere in Ghana.

This clearly a fault in the product and after not even having it a year I would expect some sort of compensation or refund.

I hope you will be able to assist me soon. I was not able to call anyone or use the “chat” feature because of my current location.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Charger port broke

Hi @ciaraf01567,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with that camera. Unfortunately you will need to get in touch with the Support Team directly so they can take a look at what happened. They can collect some info from you and may be able to help you out! Once you are able you will need to get in touch by Phone or Chat: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Charger port broke

Hi @ciaraf01567,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with that camera. Unfortunately you will need to get in touch with the Support Team directly so they can take a look at what happened. They can collect some info from you and may be able to help you out! Once you are able you will need to get in touch by Phone or Chat: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan