Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Change of side for function button.

If the function button had remained on the same side as the Hero 7 to Hero 5 then I could have upgraded and still used the "Frame" as I have it fixed to the bike and after battery changing don't need to reset the angle of view.  With buttons moved I would have to reset each time a change a battery - just try recording over 4 hours continuously - just not possible and thus if I'm lucky 2 battery changes.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Change of side for function button.

Hello @quickcliff20263.The HERO8 Black will not need a frame to be mountable as it has its folding fingers that make it mount-ready. This makes the Mode (side) button still accessible. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @quickcliff20263.The HERO8 Black will not need a frame to be mountable as it has its folding fingers that make it mount-ready. This makes the Mode (side) button still accessible. 

Highlighted
Hiker

How do I change a battery without removing from the mount?  With the Hero 7 to Hero 5 one just removed the GoPro and change the battery whilst leaving the frame in it's fixed position.

Highlighted
GoPro

@quickcliff20263, the HERO8 Black camera's battery can be removed and installed through the side door. The frameless design also makes changing batteries and SD cards even faster. 

Check out this link https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero8-black-max-mods-announce for more information about the 2019 GoPro squad.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Change of side for function button - battery replacement.

What no-one has undertood yet is - can batteries be changed whilst the Hero 8 is attached to a mount?  Or as I suspect the Hero 8 needs to be removed from a mount before batteries are replaced.

With my Hero 5 I have the frame fixed on a handlebar mount and only need to take the Hero 5 out of the frame to change the battery and all the time the frame hasn't moved and doesn't need to be repositioned to ensure that the horizon remains in the same position after 4 hours recording.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Change of side for function button - battery replacement.

Hello @quickcliff20263. The battery can be removed from the HERO8 Black camera even if the camera is mounted. The mount is attached to the bottom part of the camera, the battery is taken out from the side. The Side door can be removed or opened even if the camera is mounted. Let us know if this helps. Thanks!