Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Change Lens Setting for Hero 8 Black Live Stream

I would like to set the digital lens to "Narrow" or "Linear" to live stream to Facebook. However, when I step through the app to configure settings for LIVE, the camera itself always reverts to: 1080 | 60 | W , meaning the lens is on "Wide." How can I prevent that from happening? How can I change the lens to Narrow or Linear for my live stream?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Change Lens Setting for Hero 8 Black Live Stream

Hello, @thurbs. When live streaming through the GoPro App, the only option for the digital lens is Wide. When you choose to save a high-resolution version of your stream to your SD card, the default setting is 1080p, 60fps. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

So the Hero 9 will have 1440P livestream.  we see the trend you know (wink)  guess that is LIFE

Highlighted
Tourist

I would like the solution for this as well. If it is not currently possible I really hope this is considered for a software update to do so. This really keeps this camera from being a perfect budget yet capable vlog setup.

Highlighted
Adventurer

well gopro  can firmware add it, will they?  gopro also does not allow EIS, and protunes.  its basic streaming.  GoPro taken away 720P settings and it seems it is dedciated to livestream only.    the  fov may  not be the issue but the  processing , guess gopro is not what it really is mean to be.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Will it be implemented in new updates? otherwise it's usefull for live streaming for Vlogs, too much distortion.
Hope it will added as feature otherwise I thrown away 500 € with the media mod!!
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@GoPro  There is a growing concensus that limiting the lens setting (1080p / 60fps / W) is a firmware glitch that could be corrected in an update. If people are live streaming their mountain bike adventure, perhaps they want a WIDE lens. But for anyone vlogging from home, we want the full range of options, including LINEAR and NARROW. Please share whether this firmware limitation will be fixed soon.

Highlighted
GoPro

We hear your concerns and appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!