Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Change Lens Setting for Hero 8 Black Live Stream

[ New ]

I would like to set the digital lens to "Narrow" or "Linear" to live stream to Facebook. However, when I step through the app to configure settings for LIVE, the camera itself always reverts to: 1080 | 60 | W , meaning the lens is on "Wide." How can I prevent that from happening? How can I change the lens to Narrow or Linear for my live stream?

GoPro

Re: Change Lens Setting for Hero 8 Black Live Stream

[ New ]

Hello, @thurbs. When live streaming through the GoPro App, the only option for the digital lens is Wide. When you choose to save a high-resolution version of your stream to your SD card, the default setting is 1080p, 60fps. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

So the Hero 9 will have 1440P livestream.  we see the trend you know (wink)  guess that is LIFE

Tourist

[ New ]

I would like the solution for this as well. If it is not currently possible I really hope this is considered for a software update to do so. This really keeps this camera from being a perfect budget yet capable vlog setup.

Adventurer

[ New ]

well gopro  can firmware add it, will they?  gopro also does not allow EIS, and protunes.  its basic streaming.  GoPro taken away 720P settings and it seems it is dedciated to livestream only.    the  fov may  not be the issue but the  processing , guess gopro is not what it really is mean to be.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Will it be implemented in new updates? otherwise it's usefull for live streaming for Vlogs, too much distortion.
Hope it will added as feature otherwise I thrown away 500 € with the media mod!!
Tourist

[ New ]

@GoPro  There is a growing concensus that limiting the lens setting (1080p / 60fps / W) is a firmware glitch that could be corrected in an update. If people are live streaming their mountain bike adventure, perhaps they want a WIDE lens. But for anyone vlogging from home, we want the full range of options, including LINEAR and NARROW. Please share whether this firmware limitation will be fixed soon.

GoPro

[ New ]

We hear your concerns and appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Hiker

[ New ]
@GoPro I’ve been asking you to make flexible setting for livestream in a GoPro firmware since 2018!!! You did nothin, John Snow!!!
Adventurer

[ New ]

Customer stalk to gopro.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Live4 is hte answer

Adventurer

[ New ]

this is hte answer 

Sightseer

[ New ]
I bought this camera to do emergency live-streaming of church services. Not being able to adjust the frame rate and digital lens (away from wide) makes it utterly useless to me. This is an utterly inexcusable omission and could easily be changed by your dev team. I will be returning this camera to Best Buy and letting everyone in my tech community know to stay away from your products for live-streaming!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Count me in too for this complaint. I love the little camera, but for Live-streams, the Ultra-wide is a TERRIBLE perspective. We need access to Normal and Narrow . . . . PLEASE help us make this camera better!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

My new Hero 8 arrived today and I had the express intent of livestreaming it via my iPhone when out on my cycle and in my sculling boat. I'd not realised that Livestream is WIDE only! Looks awful, why would you want an image that looks like it's been filmed through a goldfish bowl? I see others have been requesting Linear/Normal view in Livestream mode for some time. Is this option on the cards? Is "I'll pass it on" actually getting anywhere? Thank you...

Adventurer

[ New ]

We asked for a higher quality of livestream with the hero 7, you know what they did? they came out with a hero 8.  we even asked for Linear  FOV they came out wit theh Hero 8.   so now we're   for fov with livestream  and gopro will soon come out wit hthe hero 9 wit hexactly that feture we're asking.  that is Service. wait for the feature on  the newer camera than get it on the latest one that they had.

Primary use is video, secondary is all else. its not on their list I bet.