Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Case 07404688. MAX WONT AUTO UPLOAD

HELP HELP HELP!!

I now understand how to look at my go pro movies on my cellphone. HOW DO I OFFLOAD THEM TO THE CLOUD. I am working on a project for which I will be creating a lot of data and I'm not in the US. I was on the phone with a nice gentleman for 45 min and it cost me a bomb. I asked him to make a list of all the things I have to do to get video OFF my Go Pro. 

1. His instructions as ALL of your instructions don't make it clear when you are on your phone, your laptop, or the Go Pro. Please make that EVEN MORE CLEAR.

2. My wifi connection times out before auto upload can begin. My other apps don't suffer from this problem. Why does the go pro app?

Please help me out. I'm taking videos more and more can I don't have a way to offload them.

Anezka 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Case 07404688. MAX WONT AUTO UPLOAD

Hi @anezkas4

See if restarting the camera to its factory settings will help.

Once done, set up auto upload again.

You may also try using a different network.

Here are some links you can check

Auto Uploading Your Footage to the Cloud With GoPro Plus

Common Auto Upload Issues

Auto Upload Network Requirements

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem is with the 360 VR MAX files. They have to go through Go Pro Exporter FIRST before they can be "auto" uploaded to the cloud. Unfortunately, Go Pro made a pact with Microsoft to have the Go Pro Exporter App ONLY available on the Microsoft Store. The people who are supposed to be customer service people often (believe me I've spoken to at least 5 customer service reps) DO NOT know this. They think that it is a problem with my equipment, wifi, or otherwise. The problem is that Go Pro 360 files must be stitched together before the upload to the cloud can happen. There is SLIM knowledge about this.  I asked the last rep whether he could send me the app because MY UNIVERSITY BLOCKS ALL MICROSOFT ACCESS. My university was hacked through the Microsoft Store. The rep told me that I had 30 days to RETURN!! my Go Pro Max. I am doing research in India and I won't be able to return this expensive camera. I will have to sell it on Ebay after I return. I CANNOT GET MY MOVIES OFF THE CAMERA without the Exporter!!! Wow!! What a bind I'm in! Does anyone have a work-around to get the Exporter App without the Microsoft Store!!!!????!!!! Please help me. I need the 360 footage for the project I'm doing.

Highlighted
Tourist

THIS APPLIES TO VIDEO FILES ONLY--which is what I need! Still frames are fine.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @anezkas4

360 files should work just fine via auto upload.

I have tested it again yesterday and was able to upload 7 360 video files.

Manual upload and uploading via GoPro app should also work.

You do not need to export the files.

.360 files is recognized by PLUS.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have had nothing but poorly informed customer support from GoPro. Thanks for this advice. NOTHING I did worked. I now have GoPro Exporter working and I can see my movies. I still need to upload to the GoPro Cloud. Will do that as soon as I get my wits about me because I'm really tired. 

Thanks for the advice but nothing -- including being on the phone and chats with 4 customer service people--worked.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello support--I want to put in a huge complaint about the information I was given by your chat and phone support people. I will post this to the Support Hub so that more people like me won't WASTE TIME. Please educate your customer support about the following:1. In my case, I think that the internet connection I had was mostly at fault with the Auto Upload directly from the GoPro camera. 2. Your instructions do not mention that the uploads take FOREVER (hours). It totally, again, depends on your Wifi speed. I am in India and even though I am at an engineering teaching institution, the wifi here is dismal. 3. The best way to upload to GoPro Plus is directly from the SD card PLUGGED DIRECTLY into the computer. This is what your customer service people should say. When they hear that someone is in a developing nation, they should know not to count on Wifi that drops regularly.4. Your customer service people insisted that I needed the Go Pro Exporter to put my files on the Go Pro Plus site. My university forbids the use of the Microsoft Store. I had to wait 7 days to have them figure out how to download the Go Pro Exporter. They created a special work-around for me. Why don't you offer your exporter app on the Google Play Store? YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TOLD ME I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND RETURN THE CAMERA IF I COULDN'T REACH THE MICROSOFT STORE. They were completely misinformed. The Go Pro Plus site does not need the videos to go through the Go Pro Exporter. It has a 360 converter built into the software. YES--it takes forever but it works. 5. RE: AUTO UPLOAD. Your interface says that you have to "connect" your camera to the Auto Upload. It never says PAIR your camera to the Go Pro Plus app. I connected the camera using the USB charger cord. It didn't work (of course--it's not meant to do that). GET YOUR LANGUAGE CORRECT! What you need to say is PLUG YOUR CAMERA INTO A WALL OUTLET BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ALL NIGHT. 6. In your instruction set is flawed and confusing--distinguish clearly about what gets plugged into what. USE THE WORD CAMERA for the Go Pro MAX 360 and use the word COMPUTER or INTERNET SITE  for the places we are downloading/uploading to. 7. Make it clear that the Auto Uploaded files will never reside on your computer and it is really important to back up the raw files to a hard disk--JUST IN CASE! It is often necessary for people like me who work "in the field" to work without the internet. You still have to be able to see the material you shot, however. PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR that Auto Upload is no magical panacea for backing up your files! The Exporter helps you to edit the movies in programs like Adobe Premiere. This requires NO internet connection.
I love the video and images I have shot and I thank you for inventing the MAX. It is truly a beautiful little machine. I wish you would get your USER INTERFACE and instruction set to match the engineering of this wonderful MAX 360 camera. 

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate sharing these details, @anezkas4. Apologies for the confusion brought about by the information you got from Support.  We have sent feedback to the team. 

Yes, 360 footage from MAX can be auto uploaded to the PLUS cloud, that is, even without having to render them through the GoPro MAX Exporter. The rate at which upload to cloud happens is dependent on the file size and the Internet bandwidth at the time of the upload. If you would have access to the necessary devices, you may observe and choose which method of upload would work best on your end.

Please note though that not all files can be uploaded using all methods. Chaptered files can only be uploaded in two ways - (1) auto upload via camera as a Hub and (2) through Quik for desktop (this does not apply with 360 MAX videos though). Setting up auto upload through the camera requires pairing it with a mobile device through the GoPro App. Succeeding uploads through the camera will be automatic, that is, once the camera is connected to a power outlet and its battery level reaches at least 70%. 

With the recent updates in the GoPro App, we see that mobile uploads to the cloud work better with any file type or file size. Make sure that your mobile device meets the requirements for 360 support in the GoPro App.