Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Case: 07349141

[ New ]

Hello,

I had a chat yesterday with Geraldine from GOPRO who told me she sent me an email with procedure to repair my camera.

I receive nothing.

I repeat my problem : my camera is blocked on gopro screen since the beginning.

I offer the camera to my wife a week ago. The camera was working when we put on. We  have done an update. The camera ask to insert the sd card. Since this moment, the camera is blocked. I try a manuel update without success.

After a phone call with your team, I realise that the SD card is to be not compatible. I will try to change it at the end of the week. But is-it normal that the camera is blocked/freezed on gopro view? You can see the screenshot I made. I can stop the camera.

If not, i ask to have a remplacement as you say on your website as soon as possible.

It is realy dissapointing to offer a camera which is not working!!

Thant you for your rapid answer

Charles

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Case: 07349141

[ New ]

Sorry you're having issues with your GoPro after using an incorrect SD card to update the firmware.  Unfortunately this isn't the first time hearing this as some camera shop owners don't even know which SD cards to use and which ones not to use.

Remove the SD card and battery from your GoPro, use an approved SD card and follow these instructions for updating your Firmware!

View solution in original post

GoPro

[ New ]

@fastsummit0475, in addition to what has been suggested, ensure that the SD card isn't inserted between the SD card slot and the battery. Doing so can put pressure on the back of the touch display.

If this isn't the case, please proceed with the Manual Update process as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Additionally, to consistently achieve the best results, use the microSD cards that are recommended to work well with the camera model that you have.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Sorry you're having issues with your GoPro after using an incorrect SD card to update the firmware.  Unfortunately this isn't the first time hearing this as some camera shop owners don't even know which SD cards to use and which ones not to use.

Remove the SD card and battery from your GoPro, use an approved SD card and follow these instructions for updating your Firmware!

GoPro

[ New ]

@fastsummit0475, in addition to what has been suggested, ensure that the SD card isn't inserted between the SD card slot and the battery. Doing so can put pressure on the back of the touch display.

If this isn't the case, please proceed with the Manual Update process as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Additionally, to consistently achieve the best results, use the microSD cards that are recommended to work well with the camera model that you have.