Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Capturing the subject in a selfie

Being a GoPro rookie, I expected to be able to see myself and background in a front viewfinder when capturing selfies.  Am I missing something?  It's odd, so many selfie sticks and GoPro promotes using their cameras for selfies, yet I can't see if I'm actually in the shot.  I came back from a recent scuba diving trip, having taken some selfies underwater with beautiful scenery behind me, and the shots were semi-accurately framed.  I definitely didn't capture everything I wanted to, having to guess if the camera was aimed correctly.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Capturing the subject in a selfie

Hello @myemerald. I was supposed to suggest pairing your camera to a mobile device through the GoPro App so you can see what the camera is seeing but this will not work underwater. For underwater use, it would help to have the camera mounted on a pole or stick to easily change angles/field of view.  The extended length allows for a wider coverage (you and background).  You can also set photo settings according to the recommended ones here to get the best shot. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @myemerald. I was supposed to suggest pairing your camera to a mobile device through the GoPro App so you can see what the camera is seeing but this will not work underwater. For underwater use, it would help to have the camera mounted on a pole or stick to easily change angles/field of view.  The extended length allows for a wider coverage (you and background).  You can also set photo settings according to the recommended ones here to get the best shot. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya, thank you again so much!!