Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Capacity: NAN GB

After taking time-lapse pictures for a long time (5+ hours), when I connect my Hero 4 Session to my computer it does not 

download the pictures and shows the message "SD Card Capacity: NAN GB" and "0% Used"

Also, under settings, it shows "Firmware Unknown (Up To Date)" 

Can I update the firmware manually somehow? 

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Capacity: NAN GB

As an update, I got it working by disabling and re-enabling my Hero 5 from Windows 10 Device Manager!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer

If you are getting the NAN GB no files to import, download and install Quik again. I was getting this error message with my Hero6. As soon as I downloaded and installed Will m Quik again it works.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes follow instruction on  gopro support page where you get the software here.

have your seriel number and an email handy good luck

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I am having this very same issue and I don't have microsd adapter on hand to do the manual update.

Why hasn't this issue still been fixed with Quik software?

BTW: The customer feedback form that was presented to me after this forum post returns an error when trying to submit it.

Highlighted
Tourist

As an update, I got it working by disabling and re-enabling my Hero 5 from Windows 10 Device Manager!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks!! This worked for me! Been looking for an answer for this for an entire day!

Highlighted
Sightseer

This did work to get the device recognized, HOWEVER when I went to try to import them I received a message stating "Files could not be imported" and below saying "Don't worry, your files are safe. Disconnect your camera, restart Quik and try again". Closing & re-opening Quik does nothing. Any further ideas?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, this works but it's certainly not optimal. You need to do it every time you connect the camera to your computer (or at least I need to do that to make it show properly in explorer and Quik).

I wish Gopro would fix this issue..

Highlighted
Sightseer

it worked for me while having same problem.