Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Cant play hevc

I have
I7 7700
Msi 1070
16gb ram DDR4
Samsung 850 ssd

So i have bought a GoPro 6 and cant play the hevc file. I have tryed using quick clip app the videos dont show up allso tryed VLC player and 5kplayer

So pretty much on both players when I open up the video all I get is sound and an image that doesn't move.

Any help be much appreciated.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Cant play hevc

Curiously I have the same computer as you. :)

Possible solutions:

1. I realized that sometimes a video is downloaded in with two files with the same name, a mp4 file and a wav file. Check if you was playing the wav file only, which is a only audio video and not the mp4.

2. Also, check if the VLC software hast the latest update, older versions have issues with new video formats.

What I realize is that even I get videos playing, the video won't play smoothly... and this is frustrating... maybe somebody else can help us in this point (or you get the videos playing well and let me know how).

Cheers!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue with few videos from Hero6 Black. I tried to playing in latest version of VLC...still shows and image and plays audio.

Please advise how to resolve.

Highlighted
Explorer

What are your computer specs and OS?
Highlighted
Tourist

Use VLC nightly build. I have a i7 6700HQ and GTX 960M 4GB, Quick says that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirement of playing HVEC. But guess what, VLC plays it just fine.

VLC nightly build win x64