Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Cant load 4K into my iPhone

Yeah, get rid of the GoPro and get yourself a Sony RX0, a bit pricey but well worth the money, and it works. 

Highlighted
Tourist

hahaha, good joke, mate, here's the first review of it I found on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXtfE_wGI8

Sony RX0 is it a GoPro Killer or is it a Shrunken RX100? The answer is "Nope, none of those". Watch this 15 minute in-depth review and comparison to learn ev...
Highlighted
Hiker

Haha good joke mate, I watched the same video and they don't have a clue what they are talking about. I have the Sony RX0, works like a dream, not one friggen issue with it. And the best part, just the fact that it turns on means that it out performs the GoPro. I was a GoPro fan from the beginning of its inception, right up until the Hero 5, its a unreliable peace of junk. 

The Sony RX0 is only in its first generation, this time next year it will have 4k and stabilization. The stabilization issue is easy fixed with a gimbal which I already owned because I am a landscape and wildlife photographer. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

well, meybe, I can't predict the future, so can't really say what we are about to get Smiley Tongue

one thing that is obvious is the fact that we have it all here and now with Hero6 (and even 5 and even 4 Smiley Wink ), that shoots better (IMO of course), is mountable, has decent software and cloud storage...

I mean it's up to everybody to decide, but I just don't understand this product, to me personally it's junk Robot Indifferent

Highlighted
Tourist

and back to the topic - it's all great now with 4k on iOS (both h.264 and h.265 actually if your device is capable of dealing with it), so no issues whatsoiver Cat Happy

Highlighted
Tourist

Get the Apple SD Card adapter and use it to dump the video from the GoPro card to your phone. The phone may not playback all stuff in the Photos app, but iMovie and other apps can access it and edit it.
Highlighted
Tourist

Awesome! I've been very curious about the RX0 as an addition to the Hero 6. How are you liking it? How's the photo performance?
Highlighted
Hiker

Well I have had it just over a month now and love it. Takes about two seconds to set up and the video quality is spectacular. I shoot the Sony a7r ll for landscape photos and this works with the same app on my Iphone and it works flawlessly. As of right now I don't need the 4k so that part doesn't bother me, the next generation will have it and I will pick it up then. Again, at $700 bucks its a bit pricey but I have two Hero 5's that I paid $399 each for and haven't been able to use consistently or with any sort of success. I know Sony doesn't call it a sports camera but it is, its more durable than the GoPro. Don't get me wrong, I would still be a GoPro fan if they would just fix the problems plaguing the 5 and 6 and fix their customer service. I hate their canned answers on this support hub and I hate wasting hours on end waiting to talk to a customer service person and still not get anywhere. Both my Hero 5 were well within their warranty period when I tried to call CS but was never able to talk with anybody. When someone finally tried to contact me by email, I was twenty-five hundred miles away on a month and a half trip and the gopro's were sitting at home on my desk, I didn't want to carry the weight while traveling if they were useless.