Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Cant load 4K into my iPhone

Nope.  I have an iphone 7 plus and you can't upload 4k video from a gopro to the iphone.  You are able to play 4k footage from the gopro app, but that's it.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have met the same condition, them i collect the iPhone official data, and find iPhone maximal video playback resolution is 2K, best supported video resolution is HD 1920x1080 video resolution. Comparing with 4096x2160, it's hard to play 4K video on iPhone. So i think the besy way is to compress 4k video for iPhone (iPhone 8/7/6...).

Tourist

I've found a workaround of sorts. Use the Apple Lighting SD Card reader with a MicrosSD to SD adapter for the MicroSD card from H5B and then I can dump the 4k video to my iPhone 6s+. While it still won't playback in the photots app, but I can load it up in iMovie iOS and edit it there. Annoying but it works. The worst part is my iPad Air 2 would play them fine and it has one generation older CPU than the 6s... I guess the extra video processing power in the A8X makes a differnce...

Tourist

I found a work around by uploading the time lapse and 4K files onto GoPro cloud and then downloading them to the iPhone. It appears to auto convert the formats.
Sightseer

There's absolutely no way I'm paying to store my files in the gopro cloud.  

Sightseer

Same on my computer.  I can record in 1080 and view it fine as an MP4.  When I record in 4K, I get a not compatible with windows media error.  Does it require a different codec?

Sightseer

Hi, I have an iphone 7 that is completely up to date with the newest update. I filmed in 4k on my Gopro hero 6 and tried to save it to my camera roll using the gopro app but it still did not work! Somebody please help me!!!

GoPro

Hey @nicerange563,

Sorry for the trouble. We'd suggest shooting in 1080p for the best editing experience. This URL has a chart showing what specific resolutions iOS devices can hanlde in Quik.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Quik-for-mobile-Supported-Resolutions-to-Copy-and-Share

Thanks!