Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cant load 4K into my iPhone

Hi

Just been using my new Hero 5 while on holiday at 4K video. However when I use the new apps to do some editing then uploading to my social media I find I cant. It says my iphone wont download the video as its unsupported. Does this mean I can only do 1080P. Sorta defeats the object :(

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Cant load 4K into my iPhone

[ Edited ]

iPhone 5/5S/6/ do not support 4K Video so the phone app will not allow it to be downloaded.

If you have the iPhone 6S or iPhone 7 you shouldn't have any problems however it is a limitation due to the phone's limitations to only supporting 1080P

Highlighted
GoPro

To clarify on this, as far as I know, 4K footage cannot be downloaded for any iOS device, though I haven't tried with anything above the iPhone 6. On 6 at least I was not able to import a 4K video. There shouldn't be a limit on this for Android devices if the phone can play and support the footage. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I have tried it on 6s and 7 - no luck, won't let me import it despite the fact that both iPhones shoot 4k 30 fps :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

Is there still no option for an iPhone (like 6s Plus) to doenload 4k video and edit it on the phone. Apple says that even iMovie is capapble of editing 4k. Any suggestions would be appreciated since I thought my iPhone 6s Plus would be enough with my Session 5 for my upcoming vacation and I didn't pick up my laptop. Now it seems this was a mistake. Thanks for any tips on how to work around it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Same issue here, Iphone 7 plus with latest IOS 10.2. See images attached. Ipad pro 12.9 works amazingly!

Please fix/update iphone IOS app.

GOT IT, no, I dont get it!

IMG_9924.PNG
Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem with me. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Any reply from GoPro?
Highlighted
Adventurer

I am happy gopro allowed us to view it, but the real question is can you upload it to Plus?