Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Cant get my GOPRO Hero5 Session working with Sansung Galaxy 10

[ New ]

Hi Everyone I have just got a new phone a Samsung Galaxy 10.

When I try and pair it with my gopro hero5 session it pairs with no issue, they when I click connect it waits for a bit then says

We cant connect to your gopro

"Something went wriong give it another shot"

I have factory reset the gopro, deleted teh blootooth and wifi from my phone reinstalled teh gopro app and still get the same everytime.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cant get my GOPRO Hero5 Session working with Sansung Galaxy 10

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @andrewc474. In that case, have a go at these troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with the next steps. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @andrewc474. To further isolate the source of the trouble, we recommend doing a manual update on the camera. This will help clear out any possible error with the current installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

Make sure that your phone is updated to the latest OS and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings if accessible, and try pairing with the camera again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have now manuall updated my Hero5 Session and my Samsung Galaxy 10 and reinstalled teh go pro app and it does exactly the same.

It gets to the screen where it displays my GOpros name on my phone and says camera found but when I press "Control Your GoPro" it spins for ages and then says

We had trouble connectinmg to your gopro

am Im still stuck on this.  :(

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @andrewc474. In that case, have a go at these troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with the next steps.