Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Cant get footage off hero 9

[ New ]

my gopro isnt showing up on my computer. my computer is windows 10 and under devices and printers in control panel it shows the gopro hero 9 is connected but i cant access it or any of the files on it. i have changed the connection type on the gopro to mtp connection but it doesnt show up in file explorer. how do i get my videos off the gopro via my computer

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cant get footage off hero 9

[ New ]

Hello @sebastiana. Please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I had a simialr issue but it connected perfectly when I put the memory card in directly, rather than via the GoPro. Might be worth a try. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sebastiana. Please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer.