Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Cant find video files in computer (win8)

So them are in gopro5hero. But after iconnected gopro to computer I see HERO5BLACK but when I opened: This folder is empty!

why I cant find files? I reset wifi and connections, them are not on. Hard reset - does it  delete my files? I found files some days ago.

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: Cant find video files in computer (win8)

The problem is with your computers and MTP transfer protocol. When you use and adapter the card is read as a drive. When you connect with the camera it's seen as a device and uses a different protocol (MTP). Your going to want to update your drivers.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

When I use card reader, windows and gopro quik found files! problem is gopro with card and usb-c. I have tried with two computer and with two cables, but no works.

Adventurer

The problem is with your computers and MTP transfer protocol. When you use and adapter the card is read as a drive. When you connect with the camera it's seen as a device and uses a different protocol (MTP). Your going to want to update your drivers.