01-02-2018 03:52 PM
Hello, I have a fairly new machine (custom built) and I expect to meet the minimum requirements needed to work and play with 4k 60 FPS (vs just 30 fps). Here are my specs:
- GoPro Hero 6 Black
- Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080
- Windows 10 Pro x64
- 124GB DDR4
When I try using quik desktop app to download and edit the videos that I recorded in 4k 60 fps, I get the error message stating that my system in not capable of HEVC. I downloaded the video manually and tried playing it to no avail. I then downloaded the windows media player codec pack and finally got the video to play, however, had not effect on the software. I would think my system is capable of this codec. I also have other questions too... Please help?
- How can I get HEVC to work with my current system?
- Is there quality difference (at all) while recording 4k 30fps compared to 4k 60fps?
- Does the go pro hero 6 use h.265 codec when recording 4k 30fps or does it use h.264?
- If I record in 4k 60fps, then convert it.... does it lose quality (at all)?
01-02-2018 05:15 PM