Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Cannot place order 2021 edition

[ New ]

Same thing is happening to me in 2021 as the threads back in 2020 and 2019.

I work in tech and I have not seen an ecommerce platform as inept as this one.

So far I have tried to purchase the Hero 10 bundle using:

• 3 different credit cards + Paypal
  • Chrome (with history and cookies deleted)
  • Firefox
  • My mobile phone

My credit card now has 4 pending charges without the order going through and the only error message shown is not helpful at all:

"We're sorry, but your order cannot be placed. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact our customer service center."

Thanks GoPro!

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Cannot-place-order/td-p/710533

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Problems-placing-order/td-p/449121

Tourist

Re: Cannot place order 2021 edition

[ New ]

I have the same problem and the same bad feelings about gopro service.

Tourist

[ New ]

La même, une commande via paypal avec 1 débit, mais aucun retour sur la commande. Pitoyable GOPRO ! Mais que fait l'assistance ???

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here also.

Bet it magically works once Amex promotion is over.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, it's sad how GoPro treats its potential buyer.
Good service looks different, but I think it's intentional that not too many customers can order from their own store.

Obviously GoPro earns enough money and does not need so many sales.

Or maybe they don't want customers to buy with a subscription and discount, I was referred to local retailers despite having a subscription. There I get of course not the low price and that seems to me to be the intention behind it.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

I'm also having ordering problems. It's kind of funny, Gopro doesn't want our money.

GoPro

[ New ]

@tuquoque, @rémib61701, please refer to my response to your other post.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues placing orders at gopro.com. If you continue to have difficulties with the checkout process after performing troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you purchase locally through a nearby retailer or one of our local distributors.

For further assistance, you may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

We appreciate your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

Thanks for your tip, a local dealer also has the Hero 10 black there. I can pick up tomorrow. Costs me there 529€
With you in the webstore, the camera would cost me but 100 € less, I have a subscription GoPro Plus for one year.
And now please explain to me why I should then pay 100 € more, I can not understand.

Of course, they will not be able to explain, they should not even, because they are committed to their employer.
I expect therefore also no answer, but a solution for the honest payment-willing customers

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

just tried again, last payment option was PayPal. Completely surprised, I could order at once! Smiley Surprised

Unfortunately, this obviously does not help all customers. No idea what you do there in the address verification of the means of payment, but you should really fix it.
I was about to buy another camera from another manufacturer.
Not everyone has so much patience with your company web store. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Local retail is $534.99 with tax...

• Amex promotion - "spend $200 or more, get $40 back" *ENDS 10/1/21 @ 23:59*
  • Official website - "GoPro Hero 10 Black with 1-year GoPro subscription" - $399.98 *$432.97 with tax*

Missed discount of $142.02

"we recommend that you purchase locally through a nearby retailer or one of our local distributors." 

Yeah let me just go spend an extra $150 because your website is broken.

Really giving incentive for new customers to purchase "subscription" to a company who can't even figure out how to operate their website.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yep, but the DJI website works perfectly and shipping is quick.  I know its not a 10 but I dont need that much camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

This has happened to me as well. I have attempted every day for the last 3 days to order the Hero 10 bundle, with no luck. I have had 3 different chat conversations with gopro (Case #10500005) and they tell me to try a different card or different web browser or different OS. No luck.Smiley Sad 

I think of it as a game - GoPro is a major definsive player, and I am just trying to pass the ball for a touchdown. Touchdown is successfully placing the order. So far every play I get blocked by GoPro, but I will continue trying other plays to score. Lol

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dglock18

We see that your case is still open with Support.

They will be getting back to you for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, I was finally able to get the order to go through. If you have a problem getting your order to go through, read through the conversation thread here, and don't bother trying to contact GoPro directly for help; that was a waste of time for me.

Anyway, I followed the advice of one of the other users on here, where they had used Paypal to make their order successfully go through. I couldn't get Paypal to go through on Chrome on my PC, but I was able to in Chrome on my iphone 13 pro, and that did the trick. I may have had a pop-up blocker enabled on my PC, so that may have been the reason I didn't see the order page direct me to Paypal's website after I confirmed the order there.

If you continue having issues, I would just keep trying different combinations of things (different credit cards, try using different web browsers, different OS's, etc).

I've never had so much trouble placing a simple order anywhere. I am almost convinced it is something on GoPro.com's side, and if there are a lot of other people having similar issues as me, where they can't figure out how to get the order to go through and they aren't getting the help they need to place their order, GoPro will be losings dozens of sales on such a silly issue.

Good luck!Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sightseer

[ New ]

We are in 2021 and GoPro can not even fix their website purchase order and support service issues? YOU ARE KIDDING ME? I hope your company is not intentionally doing this so the GoPro members can not get the discount, this is not legal. I have tried to purchase almost $1,000 in GoPro camera, accessories, etc., but no luck with any of my (4) credit cards, (3) different browsers, incognito window, different computers from microsoft to apple, from android to iphones. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Now, I am calling all my credit cards to make sure I have not been charged on all their cards since GoPro website continues to give me errors and not sure if they are charging the order, but no way to know from my end.

Now, I am thinking of selling my GoPro camera and accessories to buy from other manufacturers or your competition. I guess this is what you want from your members to do. No wonder your stocks are falling to the ground, hope your CEO reads this message so he knows how many millions GoPro is losing by this intentional computer glitch.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @anditodoveneno

Sorry for any trouble caused.

What error message are you getting?

Are you using the same email address in your Hub profile?

We'll have this checked with the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@anditodoveneno I contacted the support many times and had a ticket with all the details open for about 4 weeks, eventually I was told to buy locally because "the order support team is having issues" with my order. You can see it here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Can-t-buy-GoPro-Hero10-Error-when-clicking-on-the-quot-Place/...

Unfortunately, some of the accessories aren't available locally, and even forgoing those (and the subscription perks), still the local purchase would be hundreds of dollars more expensive than what I intended to buy from the eshop. Most likely will buy a different device from another manufacturer (it has "action" and "2" in its name), even though I would have preferred the GoPro.

I think now that in my case the shipping to my country is broken (I reside in Vietnam), so they silently block orders. Why they do so I cannot comprehend, but I think I've been more than patient and understanding - I was attempting to buy the HERO10 since 17th of September, got finally turned away by the support 7 weeks later. I offered help in debugging, any information they could possibly need, but all I got was a polite but firm "go away".

Sightseer

[ New ]

the error msg shown to me is : 

"We're sorry, but your order cannot be placed. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact our customer service center."

how come a web page reject a purchase from customer... 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hellodede

We were able to pull up MU-01001605 and it shows that it has been delivered.

Would you be able to confirm receipt?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I tried on safari on my Ipad... same proble... I switshed off my add bloker... same thing!!!
Sightseer

Re:

[ New ]

We're sorry, but your order cannot be placed. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact our customer service center. 

I could have this message on safari (ipad) , chrome (computer with /without addblock), and on my galaxy.....

After being always faithfull to gopro and buying each years to the new model.... I'm considering switshing to dji action 2! A little bit anoying because of the tons of accessories I have, but can be worth it. 

Come on ! the cloud isn't that good, the mobile app has  always been a mess and now even the purchase process is bugging! 

GoPro

Re: Re:

[ New ]

Hi @madistamb

We'll have this checked with the team.

Are you using the same email address in your Hub profile to place an order?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am seeing a pattern here that is clearly against the law. Advertise a deal and then refuse to fill the order. I have found literally hundreds if not thousands of postings on the internet and am considering doing a sweep to see just how pervasive this behavior is. Any thoughts?

Tourist

[ New ]

yes, me too. i try very more but can't not place order.

is admin troll everybody in blackfriday ?

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same issue here. Apparently they didn’t get this page down and left us all wondering we are the ones having problems instead of them figuring out how to end the promo when the stock ended a while ago
Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here.

Still, after all these years, not a single positive experience from GoPro store. Makes upgrading to new camera just not worth it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

+1 support was a joke

@fleetpeak017 wrote:

Same problem here.

Still, after all these years, not a single positive experience from GoPro store. Makes upgrading to new camera just not worth it.