Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Cannot live stream to FB

[ Edited ]

I was able to get it streaming but would lose connection. I'm switching to 2.4 for the next time to see if that was the problem. Here is how I got it started.

Samsung Galaxy S9.
Have WiFi and Bluetooth enabled > Turned on camera >. Open GoPro app. (QuikStories shows up on mine) > Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner to get to "HOME" then select "CAMERA" My camera name shows up on next screen. > Select the camera image in the center and the circles show up and it connects to the camera. (You should see, on your phone. whatever your camera is pointed towards) > Slide the icons on the bottom to the left to get to "Set Up Live" and select it > ( Here is where it got tricky for me. I use my phone as a hot spot.) Turn off your WiFi, then turn on your phone's hotspot and select it as your hotspot. You may have to connect with your password if needed when it shows up in the selection box > Finish choosing the setup options on the page > Select the " SET UP LIVE STREAM" on the bottom. > The scream will change to "LIVE STREAMING TIPS" then "GO LIVE" will appear and select it. You should be "Live" then. > If you click the RED SQUARE you will be shutting it down! Click on the "VIEW ON FACEBOOK" to ee your live feed in your Facebook app. You can change your Privacy and/ or your audience from the app., but you have to go back to the GoPro app to stop the recording by selecting the RED SQUARE. 

I practiced by doing the above and setting to "Only Me" in the FB settings and using the computer to view as I was recording.

GoPro

Great to know that you were able to  live stream successfully. Thank you for sharing, @jmj3rd.

Hiker

@mariustanya 

I switched to 2.4 on Monday for the first time, at my daughters' softball game. It recorded for 36 minutes and lost connection for some unknown reason to me. I restarted the process and was successful at recording for over an hour. I'll test it out again at the next softball game.

GoPro

Thank you, @jmj3rd. Good to know that we are seeing progress. Could there have been interfering signal around the first 36-minute try? Hope to see more consistent results. We appreciate you keeping us posted. 

Hiker

There have been a few glitches along the way but for the most part, it has continued to work.

Hiker

I've found that regular wifi and/or a separate hot spot, other than one that is on the same device works better.