Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Cannot flip the image during a live broadcast.

I would like to use my brand new GoPro Hero 8 Black for live broadcasting on Twitch, but I'm forced to keep the camera upright, because if I turn it 90 degrees, the broadcast image is upside down.
However, the HUD on the GoPro's screen is flipped upside down, but not on the broadcast.

How can I fix this issue?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Cannot flip the image during a live broadcast.

we know in the camera there is a landscape lock, if livestream desables, during the stream, then that is the way gopro has set things up. the camera can be correctly set up, wit hthe right mount. undrstanding  that you want it your  way, not the gopro's way.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @valentinbraem. Make sure your camera is upright before streaming. If you turn your camera upside down, your live stream footage will appear upside down.

Highlighted
Tourist

That's what I did, the options on the screen are well displayed in the right direction, but when I watch the broadcast, the image is not flipped.
Highlighted
GoPro

@valentinbraem, currently, the orientation setting is not kept when live streaming. Anyhow, this is something that we've already shared with the team in charge.