Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Cannot find hero6 in iPad

[ New ]

Hi,

I just got a brand new Hero 6 Black.

The camera itself works great and I have successfully recoded videos and downloaded them via cable in my Apple Mac Pro using Quik App.

However, I could not successfully connect the camera to my Apple iPad: I downloaded both GoPro and Quik App from the iPad store and when following the connection steps (look below) on both the camera and iPad, I simply cannot find the camera using wifi from the iPad.

1 - Steps from the camera:

- open settings

- connections

- add device

- gopro app

(camera shows wifi name and password)

2 - Steps from the iPad:

- open gopro app

- add camera

- message reports: turn on wifi on the iPad and go to iPad wifi connections and connect to the camera

- I turn on iPad wifi, then go to wifi panel: here, I simply cannot find the camera

How do I get this to work?

In general, I really want to use QuikStories, one of the main reasons why I bough the Hero 6 specifically.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot find hero6 in iPad

[ New ]

Hi @rockysand16203

Thank you for the information you shared. Kindly make sure that both the app and the camera are up to date. You can also try resetting the Wi-Fi settings:

1. From the main screen, swipe down.
  2. Tap Connect > Reset Connections, and then tap Reset.
  3. You will now have a new password that is created by the camera.

NOTE: The camera name cannot be altered on HERO6 Black, only the password can be reset by the camera. 

In addition to this, please see if you can pair other mobile devices to your camera. This will help us isolate where the issue might be.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Cannot find hero6 in iPad

[ New ]

Hi @rockysand16203

Thank you for the information you shared. Kindly make sure that both the app and the camera are up to date. You can also try resetting the Wi-Fi settings:

1. From the main screen, swipe down.
  2. Tap Connect > Reset Connections, and then tap Reset.
  3. You will now have a new password that is created by the camera.

NOTE: The camera name cannot be altered on HERO6 Black, only the password can be reset by the camera. 

In addition to this, please see if you can pair other mobile devices to your camera. This will help us isolate where the issue might be.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej