Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Cannot connect iPhone to HERO 5 wifi

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my iPhone XS to the wifi of the HERO 5 but it fails. The iPhone shows the wifi connection as successful but when I go back to the GoPro App, it tells me it could not connect

IMG_3420.PNG

I tried:

- Resetting all connections on the GoProi

- Removing the wifi network from the iPhone

- Airplane mode on off on the iPhone

without any luck

any tips?

cheers

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Cannot connect iPhone to HERO 5 wifi

[ New ]

Hi,

I think the problem was the iOS version as I'm using iOS 13 beta 4. I tried on a iOS 12 device and there it works fine. I've just updated to iOS 13 beta 5 and now it works correctly as well.

cheers

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jancc

After the reset was done, did your phone pickup the default GoPro Wi-Fi name?

If the name did not change, the reset may have not completed successfully.

You may also try pairing the camera to a different phone.

Here are some reference links: 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I think the problem was the iOS version as I'm using iOS 13 beta 4. I tried on a iOS 12 device and there it works fine. I've just updated to iOS 13 beta 5 and now it works correctly as well.

cheers

GoPro

[ New ]

@jancc, thanks for posting back with the details. So cool to hear that you're back up and running again. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]

I got the same problem after installing the official version of ios 13.1 I'm using Hero 3+.

GoPro

[ New ]

@supergorge0457, sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. We are aware of the issue and will be addressing this in a future update to the GoPro App. The software update release information is posted at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information . You will receive a notification from the app once an update is rolled out.

Tourist

[ New ]
thank. waiting for an update
Sightseer

[ New ]

The issue with iOS 13 seems to be a problem with Hero 6 and Hero 7 cameras as well as the Hero 5.  I updated my phone last night and now none of my cameras connect to my iPhone (even though there is a WiFi connection).  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @doubleshot

Sorry for any trouble caused. Please stay tuned for the next update.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

After updating the program, there is still no connection to the camera. At the same time, there is a connection to the camera in the settings.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Can’t connect my GoPro hero 4 sessions to my iPhone 8 app. It shows up on my wifi settings but will not connect. Any suggestions?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @doubleshot @doubleshot @doubleshot

After completing the update, please restart your phone.

Other users confirmed that the connection worked after doing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

after rebooting iphone still not working

Tourist

[ New ]

on ipad doesn't work either

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hero 4 Session will not connect to IOS 13 iPhone 8. Worked fine under IOS 12.  Camera's Bluetooth and WiFi visible to a Windows 10 computer.  On iPhone it will not connect via Bluetooth.  In fact iPhone never sees it while in discovery mode.  iPhone will connect to camera's WiFi but app goes nowhere when trying to connect.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

If you have tried the suggested steps on https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin... and have updated your camera, the phone and the app, and it is still the same, please contact our Support Team. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks for the tip. I was a bit disappointed when the update came and it still didn’t work but after restarting my phone it now works with my Hero 7, 6 and 5 cameras (all that I have with me).
GoPro

[ New ]

@doubleshot, thanks for posting back with an update. Glad to hear that you're now back up and running again. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi all

Having issues with my Hero5 Black and connecting to the app on my iphone x (its running ios 13.1.2).

The app tells me there is a new version of the cameras software and I can't seem to get Quick to upload it and the app seems the only way.

Its been struggling to connect for a few weeks now, it did eventually when i reset everything but now seems to have gone belly up again

The app appears to connect with the camera (it even says its connected), the wiifi says its connected (its says 'camera found'), but when I try to 'control your go pro' i get the screen 'gopro wants to join wi-fi network 'Dave HERO5 Black'?', when I click 'join' after a while 'connecting' its says'we are having trouble connecting to your gopro'. Try again

No joy trying againn or resettting /reloading the app

Is the new app out yet?

or is there another solution?

GoPro

[ New ]

@davidl4268, please ensure to have the latest version of the app and iOS on your phone installed. Then have your mobile device restarted before attempting to pair the camera with the app again.

If the issue persists, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi there
Deleted app and reinstalled. Have latest version of iOS. All fixes already tried :).
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @davidl4268

Have the update done manually if possible.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero5

Once the update is completed, try pairing the camera again.

You may also test it with a different phone.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just FYI, having successfully following your instructions and being able to connect to my cameras I discovered that my phone stopped connecting to my cameras.  I am back from holiday catching up on everything else so I did not try restarting my phone or anything but I upgraded to 13.1.2 on my phone this morning and noticed that they connect to my cameras again.  I don't know if it was the iOS update or simply the restart invvolved in the update but it seems to be working again.  My Hero 8 is arriving on Monday so hopefully it will connect properly.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej

The Quik app on the windows side of my mac for some reason decided it couldn't update the hero5 manually :)

Switched to the Quik on the mac side and the camera and update to th efirmware were recognised immediatley and installed.

Cleared all the wifi and bluetooth settings on iphone X and deleted the hero5 from the gopro app  and reset the connections on the hero5 itself

set the hero5 to connect to the the app, and the app on the phone to set up a new camera, paired the two (bluetooth?) when prompted and allowed the joining of the network (wifi?)

hurrah it worked ! - at least for now, can see the camera on the phone and can seem to control it. :)

have to see how long it lasts for :)