Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Cannot conenct camera, at all! Hero7 blk

Hi,

I've been going in circles for hours not getting anywhere with this hero7 blk camera.

I've watched countless youtube videos, followed countless online directions from searching and nothing seems to work.

I'm running the gopro app version 6.11(8932) and have manually updated the camera to the latest fw version.

The phone is an LG V30 that is also running the latest Android etc versions.

I can connect to the camera from the phone but the app never sees it.

I try to connect the camera to the phone via BT and the app never sees it.

Oddly, the BT devices on the phone show the camera but it's never highlihted like other connected devices are.

If I go to camera, connections, connect device, gopro app, it just sits there telling me to go to the gopro app.

Going to the gopro app, I never see the little camera icon all documentation seems to talk about.

HERO 7 Black, Silver, White

• Open the GoPro App and complete these steps:
    • From the home page, tap on the GoPro camera icon along the lower left corner.
    • Tap on the "+" icon in the top right corner. 
    • Tap on "HERO7"

No such icon.

Then, when I back out of the gopro app on the camera, it says un-pairing.

Nothing works. Help!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Cannot conenct camera, at all! Hero7 blk

On your camera, make sure your bluetooth and wireless connections are turned on.  go to camera, connections, connect device, gopro app.  It should display that it's either searching or it may display the camera name and password (I don't have a GP7 here to compare, but my GP8 will tell me to leave the camera on and go to the GoPro app on the phone.

On your phone, make sure your WiFi is turned on and your Bluetooth is turned on.

Open the GoPro app.

On the bottom of the screen you should have 4 icons, the one in the lower left being a picture of a camera.  Click on that icon.

The next screen should give you either the option of connecting a camera (Let's set up your camera) or there will be two icons displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  A "+" icon and "..." (3 dots).  You will need to click on the "+" icon to add your camera.

If you are not seeing these options, then you will need to either describe what you are seeing in the app when you click on that camera icon in the lower left corner or post a screen shot.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem. and it's getting really hot.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yup, I've done all of those things and nothing more shows up.

>Open the GoPro app.

>On the bottom of the screen you should have 4 icons,

Yes, I do.

>the one in the lower left being a picture of a camera. Click on that icon.

Clicking on that does nothing. It still shows 'You don't have any cameras connected'.

If I hold the icon down for a second or two, a small camera pops up but touching on it does nothing.

>The next screen should give you either the option of connecting a camera (Let's set up your camera) or

>there will be two icons displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen. A "+" icon and "..." (3 dots).

>You will need to click on the "+" icon to add your camera.

I never see anything else at this point. Nothing that shows the camera is connected.

>If you are not seeing these options, then you will need to either describe what you are seeing in the app when you

>click on that camera icon in the lower left corner or post a screen shot.

Clicking on it does nothing. Holding it down for a second or two shows 'Camera' but trying to click on that does nothing.

What else could I include for information?

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, mine is a bit warm too.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @nimblesand352 @jaculka1

Kindly try these: Delete Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to pair to your GoPro.

Reset the camera's Wi-Fi settings. Preferences > Connections, and then tap Reset Connections

Once done, pair your camera again. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Pair-Your-Camera-with-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/394285

To help isolate the issue, you may also test your camera with another phone. See if it will pair.

You may also send us a screen recording of your workflow.

If you continue to get the same after the suggested steps, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

Please submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

The reason you're not seeing anything on the following page after clicking on the icon is because you haven't added your camera yet (which is what we're trying to get done).  Clicking on the camera icon will only do two things.  1:  Display camera's already added.  2:  Let you add camera's.

I've made a short clip of me adding my Hero 8 to my GoPro app.  You should be able to follow along and do the same for your GoPro Hero 7.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
I cannot get to any point of adding a camera. I think such an option showed up on your web site and one other place, either the phone or camera but it didn't work.

>Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to pair to

>your GoPro. Reset the camera's Wi-Fi settings. Preferences > Connections, and then tap Reset Connections

>Once done, pair your camera again.

I'll try this again but have done all of these things multiple times in various combinations. I've watched countless youtube videos and read countless articles and nothing has worked so far. I even deleted the app from the phone multiple times.

I doubt you'll give me support because I bought this from someone on eBay who said he got frustrated with it almost immediately after buying it so put it up for sale.

I'll check the video posted and try everything all over again.