Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Tourist

Cannot change preset settings or create new one with custom settings

I've had every GoPro since the Hero+ and this is the first one I've had an issue with.  Right out of the box, my new Hero 9 was not letting me change any of the preset shooting modes, or create any new ones.  When I tap the pencil icon and want to change any of the settings like resolution, FPS, etc, none of them are responsive at all.  I can scroll through all of the settings, but I cannot change anything.  If I try to create a new preset, it lets me hit the + icon at the botton of all of the presets, and then I tap the screen again for video, but then at the screen where I set everything, none of them are responsive.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I upgraded to 1.21 via my phone app and it did not make any difference. 

Also, in general, I feel like I'm having to tap towards the top of the icons instead of right on them like on my 8.  I guess I need to get mine RMA'ed?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Cannot change preset settings or create new one with custom settings

Are you holding the H9 in your hand while doing this? Ive noticed that if I'm  trying to use the screen and the camera is mounted on something liek a grip the screen is not very responsive. If i put one hand on it and use the other on the screen it works much better. Seems like maybe its an earthling issue. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fwp @modxuser

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please refer to https://gopro.com/en/dk/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Yep, seen it. All it tells us is that it might be fixed at some point, which i would assume we would expect anyway.

Highlighted
Tourist
Tourist

I've tried every way possible to get it to let me change the settings for the presets.  It's not a sensitivity issue, it's it-doesn't-work-at-all issue.