Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Cannot Update new Gopro 9 Black

[ New ]

I just received the Gopro 9 Black.  I linked it to my phone and it immediately wanted to update.  The update failed multiple times and now it is locked.  The screen is on, but there are no buttons, scrolling doesn't work, it won't record - it won't do anything.  I tried on 3 different computers (Windows and Mac) to download the update and do it manually - on multiple browsers I might add - and can never get past the screen where you enter the serial number and email.  Your website will not go to the next step.  I've cleared the cache, turned off popup blocker, etc.  It seems every Gopro I've had has had issues with updates.  I'm about through with them!  Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot Update new Gopro 9 Black

[ New ]

Hi @michaelw2617

Were you able to check the serial number?

Hi @bobs206 

The best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Issue solved - my error.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Bob, it sounds like I'm having the same, or a similar problem. What did you do to get the update to work?
Thanks,
Mike
Tourist

[ New ]

I was able to download the update - I had one wrong number in the serial number.  But, the website wouldn't tell me that.  However, after downloading the update, formatting the card on the computer, putting the update on the card - the gopro still would not operate properly.  The screen would show the image you pointed the camera at - but, there were no menu options, no scrolling options, and it would not record or turn off without removing the battery.  I did a chat session with a lady and she told me to do the same things I'd already done.  I did them again and it still would not work.  I'm think I'm going to return it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @michaelw2617

Were you able to check the serial number?

Hi @bobs206 

The best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej