Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Cannot Stream Facebook Live - Various issues

[ New ]

@notjustbikes 

Sorry about that, a user made a step by step process here https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Livestreaming-on-the-GoPro-Hero-9-is-a-nightmare/td-p/855879 for him those steps work to set up live streaming. Hopefully this could help you as well. 

In my testing I was able to set up live-streaming from HERO9 / Note 10 Android 10 + also tested on iPhone X and I was using both with my WiFi and a personal hotspot (from another phone, not the phone running the app though).

I am running 7.3 update which will be out soon.

Tourist

[ New ]

Phone Model: Pixel 3 XL

Android version: 11

Build number: RPA1A.201105.002

GoPro 9 Black version: 1.22

GoPro app version: 7.2.1

Tonight, I unboxed a GoPro9, went through the setup/update process, and tried to stream on Twitch using RTMP.

1. Open GoPro app
  2. Find the new camera in the Camera tab and press Control Your GoPro
  3. Select Set Up Live
  4. Select Other/RTMP
    1. Searching for networks in the top section ran, but selected nothing and shows Select a Wi-Fi Network
  5. Click on Select a Wi-Fi Network
    1. The Searching for networks... popup comes up
    2. Lands me on the No Network Available/Turn On Personal Hotspot.

I tried turning on the hotspot, rebooting both the phone and the camera, and went through the steps above.

No good!

I had read in another GoPro post that someone had luck with Factory Resetting their camera and removing the camera from their GoPro app.

I did just that, and before going through the same steps above, I had my personal hotspot enabled.

Voila! A list of wireless networks came up, I chose my home wireless network, and I was able to go through with a stream for a couple hours.

HOWEVER!!!

An hour after the stream was done, I went through the same process, and hit the same No Network Available roadblock.

I'm Happy that I was able to do what I got this camera for!
However, if it takes a factory reset to let me stream, I'm not a happy camper.

@those with this issue, try to FULLY factory reset and purge the camera from the GoPro app. See if you're able to find a network at least once.

@GoPro representatives, I'm happy to provide anything that could help the product and dev team get this resolved and updated. Native streaming is something I bought this camera for, and it's not awesome that this feature works in a flaky manner. If I was not able to use this feature at all (as some people on the forums have experienced), I would be returning the GoPro without question. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Here's a video of my repro steps, @haindash
https://youtu.be/dEQoKuwpDTE
Tourist

[ New ]

This is so broken, and GoPro support has been worse than useless (they just blame the phone and suggest I factory reset all my phones every time. I already did it, and it didn't help. I'm not doing that again).

So far I have tried this on a Pixel 3XL, Pixel 2XL, and iPhone X. I was only ever able to get this working once (on the 3XL) out of literally a hundred attempts.

The HERO 9 is just a broken product when it comes to livestreaming.

GoPro

[ New ]
@swphantom Thank a lot for taking the time to make this screencast and sharing it with us. We will check that in details, we are also strongly hoping to find what's happening here as we've already twisted the problem a lot but it's a tough one...
GoPro

[ New ]

@swphantom @jimh28 @notjustbikes @adepthike8080 

One thing for all of you who are struggling with Live Streaming.

Can you please tell me if you tried on both 2.4ghz / 5.ghz wifi bandwidth. This has to be changed directly on the Camera 

-> Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

On my Note10 for ex I have to be on 2.4ghz. This setting is dependent on Region and/or phone, sometimes changing the bandwidth is required.

Let me know. 

Thank you 

Hiker

[ New ]

Oh come on @haindash , how can you spew such utter garbage.

Either you have no clue what's going on with your products, or you talk garbage just to give an answer .

You should --bleep-- well know that when setting up the livestream the gopro will scan the avaiable networks both 2.4 and 5ghz... the setting on the gopro for 2.4 or 5 is for when the gopro is in ap mode.. during livestreaming it is in client mode.

That setting does nothing, nor is it rellevant to this problem at all.