Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Cannot Stream Facebook Live - Various issues

[ New ]
@rockyhero34217 could you let us know if the tips shared by @jimh28 would work for you as well? Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]

Sorry, but apparently I have two aacounts on GoPro. i will be cosistent with using Jimh28 from now on.

Tourist

[ New ]

Here is a summary of what I think I have found.

1) The app definitely has an algorithmic problem in clearing the "Lost WIFI connection" erro for Facebook Live streaming. Once that flag is set, the only way to clear it is to remove the battery from the camera in order to shut down the wireless coms. I can only imagine that GoPro did not think this process through, nor was it tested properly.

2) It is impossible to utilize live streaming without disassembling the camera to remove the battery. Here are a couple of things would go along way here - a) In the app or the camera, allow for manual control of WIFI and Bluetooth for the camera and b) reset the WIFI connection error flag upon the "Got It" in the error dialog box

3) In a number of trials, the WIFI connection was dropped by the rig within a minute of live streaming in every try. I suspect it is the connection of the camera to the app, given that the app/camera combo can't even find WIFI most of the time, unless the camera connection to the app is completely deleted and the camera history is deleted, and a fresh connection is made. The opportunity to connect to a network only happens the one time there is a new connection defied between app and camera. After that, the app/camera will no longer find any WIFI connections.

4) same issues connecting a Hero3+ to the app. Had to work very hard to trick the app into seeing the camera.

The app and the camera software need repairs. It is disingenuous to offer these products for sale toputing thes features when the team cannot even get them to work, or refuses to throughly and effectively test their functionality. Much more work is needed; I look forward to the next firmweare and app updates where these are fixed.

I will be writing a letter to the executives with a much more detailed descritpion of these problems and efforts on my part. Perhaps the information wioll get their attnetion if it doesn't move the technical team to fix the problems.

GoPro

[ New ]
Thank you for reporting this problem and thank you for your time in sharing information.
We have been able to replicate the problem on our end and we have opened a bug report to further investigate what is happening.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Shame just bought all accessories and then i cant live lol waste
Screenshot_20201030-004733_GoPro.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm seeing exactly the same issues. On my HERO 7 Black, with enough reboots and resets I can sometimes get it working, but it is highly unreliable. It's really increable that GoPro thinks it's OK to advertise this feature when it's so flaky.

I bought a HERO 9 Black and it's even worse. I got it to find networks exactly once. Then it has never found them again. I sat on a chat with support for over an hour and tried literally everything on their list (which involved resetting absolutely everything on my device and multiple phones) and it still cannot find any network. And yet, support still refused to replace the camera under warranty (they asked me to "wait a few days" to hear back). Unbelievable.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @notjustbikes. Our team is working on a similar issue/ticket but with other phone models (based on the reports they received, so far). Have you been able to perform a factory reset after you have experienced the issue? If you haven't yet, see if resetting to factory defaults makes a difference. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I spent over an hour on the chat with your support staff. I tried it on two phones (Pixel 2XL and Pixel 3XL). I did factory resets on both the GoPro and phones and it still does not work.

Today I tested it with an iPhone 10 and it also did not work. The GoPro HERO 9 can never find a WiFi network. It is just plain broken.