Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Cannot Stream Facebook Live - Various issues

[ New ]

Trying to stream Facebook live. App does not work per instruction. First problem is that even with my phone connected to a strong WiFi signal, app says No network Available.

2nd, is that the "Hotspot" option is a dead-end in the app. It takes me to my settings, where i have tried both mobile hotspot and bluetooth link for a connection. Once i back out of these settings and back into the app, it goes back to Mobile Hotspot option, with no netwrok found, and I get to take another lap through the settings.

Are these bugs? What is the actual procedure to utilize Phone Data plan to live stream? It appears that nothing on the site is correct interms of step by step instructions

GoPro

Re: Cannot Stream Facebook Live - Various issues

[ New ]

Hi @jimh28

Does the same happen if you try t to stream to a different platform?

Can you help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

I have tried this on my HERO7 Black paired with a Huawei P30.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I had a decent chat session with GoPro Support. In my opinion, there are error handling and workflow issues with the App. Not sure if these will be addressed or a timeline. I had problems doing the live stream but got it to work after a factory reset of the camera, delting the camera history from the app, and basically starting from scratch with the process.

If for any reason during any of this, an erro flag is latched in the app, the app doesn't clear it for another attmept. The only thing to do is cold-boot the camera and the Android device. I am getting ready to ry another test live stream to see if it will repeat after the earlier success after the resets.

Very disappointing, because i invested specifically in the Hero 7 to be able to live stream. Ironically, Gopro sent me a number of coupons via email to buy a hero 8 or 9. To me, this implies that they are not going to fix any issues with the Hero 7. But I found the problems to be in the app, not the camera. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rockyhero34217

We'll have this shared with the team.

Can you provide the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

And if you can also share a screenshot where the app is not able to pick up the Wi-Fi networks available.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, I tested today with HERO8 latest firmware and GoPro App 7.2 on a Note 10 Android 10 and I was able to set up Live Streaming - the app did find my wi-fi properly.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just now re-tried it for first time since the Tech Support chat mentioned above. It does not work - when i select "Select a WIFI Network" it come back with "No Network Available".

If i try to select "Turn On Personal Hotspot" - it takes me to my phone settings, but I haveto turn off phone WIFI to use as a hot spot. The camera will not cnnect via Bluetooth. So, i am stuck with not being able to comunicate with the camera if I use the phone as a hotspot.

This is on a Hero 7 that was purchased less than a month ago specifically to use the live streaming capabilities. I have already received some kind of coupons to buy a hero 8, which seems to indicate that you have no plans to fix the Hero 7. How about you give me a credit if I send the Hero 7 straight back to GoPro, and I use the credit to buy a Hero 8?

Tourist

[ New ]

Android Version 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 9

GoPro Hero 7 Black, Firmware version 1.90

App version 7.2(9694)

Tourist

[ New ]

I have to use the following steps to get the Live Streaming to work with any kind of reliability:

1. Remove the battery from the camera

2. Go to app. The app will no longer automatically connect tto the camera even if the camera is "off".

3. Delete the Hero 7 from the camera history.

4. Put the battery back into the camera and power on.

5. CHoose Connect a Device on the camera and choose app.

6. Connect GoPro to App.

7. Then go to Live Stream. The app will now prompt me if I want to use "WIFI_NAME", and when i select the prompted WIFI and supply password, it connects properly and gives me the option to live stream on Facebook.

There is something flawed about the way you have implemented the "Wake Up' on the camera by wifi app connection?