Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Cannot Import HEVC to iPad Pro 12”

Just to clarify, HEVC files are the following:
4K/60 (50 PAL)
4K (4:3)/30,24 (not the same as 4K/30) (25,24 PAL)
2.7 (4:3)/60 (50 PAL)
2.7/120 (100 PAL)
1080/240 (200 PAL)
Hiker

Yes correct, i forgot about the 4:3 versions as i don’t use them.
Hiker

I have not begun editing in any specific apps yet, as I just got the GoPro 1-2 weeks ago and have not travelled yet. I’ve been using my MacBook Pro while i figure out if i can get stuff onto the iPad easily. If i can, I’ll likely buy LumaFusion.
Tourist

Ok. So if I import any of this I have to use the long metod?

What does this PAL thing means? I'm a complete amateur, so sorry for all this type of questions.

Can we agree that I can import 4K videos, slow motion and full hd to the iPad. Diffucult metod or the SD-Card reader, and then edit them in LumaFusion or iMovie?

I'm dont like 4:3 so much, I like 16:9.

And 21:9 will that be possible to shot with the GoPro?

Explorer

PAL is a frame rate used in most of the world outside of North America. If you look up NTSC vs PAL you will find more information, but it really isn't important unless you are filming in a PAL region with NTSC, which can cause flickering in the video when filming under artificial light.
Sightseer

I too was incredibly frustrated to find that my brand new iPad Pro 10.5 touted as the “laptop killer” was incable of being compatible with gopro’s hevc format. I did however find a solution using gnarbox, a rugged portable wireless smart hd.

“Have to sing your praises for saving me from a tough spot...long story short I do all my editing mobile using an iPad Pro 10.5 and LumaFusion...just bought a GoPro 7 and evidentially the hevc format isn’t cross compatible with iOS. Tried using my sd card lightning reader as well as through the GoPro app itself and it would not let me save any files to iPad. Luckily the gnarbox integration with LumaFusion allowed me to import the files I needed. Thanks for making this product!!!”

Hopefully GoPro/Apple figure their s$!t out and get this resolved.
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

GoPro this is definitely problem on your side. Please do not post obvious things like compatibility tables, because those are WRONG. HVEC import is not working on iPad Pro now. Videos are converted from H.265 (other name for HVEC) to older H.264 

Tell me please when you want to fix it. iPad Pro is supporting HVEC natively so there is no need to convert it to H.264 which takes long time for longer videos. 

I would expect that you (GoPro) respond with - yes, I know the problem and yes we are working on this. 

Thx

Highlighted
Explorer

@bravebluff54564

This is a member to member support community. 

If you want to leave feedback for GoPro you can do it here  https://gopro.com/feedback

Or you can reach their Support Team here  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs