Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Cannot Download via USB to Image Capture App on iMac

[ New ]

I just bought a Hero 8 Black and shot dozens of videos yesterday, got home, only find out that I can't get the content into my computer.  I have a 2017iMac using OS Mojave 10.14.6, which has Image Capture 8.0.  I updated my camera so there should be no issues there.

Per another Message, I tired "going to the HERO8 Black camera's Preferences then select "Connection" and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again." But that didn't work.  I plugged in the USB cable into iMac, turned the camera on, and then opened Image Capture and the device will not show in the list. Why?

I seem to be able to download content to my iPhone7, but that is not where I ultimately want the content anyway.  Nor do I want to buy a SD adaptor/reader just to get content off the card and into my iMac.

Or is there a better way to get the content into my computer, directly, without any additional devices?

Please advise, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Cannot Download via USB to Image Capture App on iMac

[ New ]
Issue resolved although I'm not sure how. I carried out the same steps today and Image Capture is now recognizing the Hero 8. All the connections were solid yesterday too, so I have no idea why it didn't work then. Anyway, I'll consider it a one-time ghost in the machine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
Issue resolved although I'm not sure how. I carried out the same steps today and Image Capture is now recognizing the Hero 8. All the connections were solid yesterday too, so I have no idea why it didn't work then. Anyway, I'll consider it a one-time ghost in the machine.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing. @barryw25183

Feel free to post back if something comes up.