10-24-2020 06:25 AM - edited 10-24-2020 06:26 AM
I have tried everything in the Troubleshooting guide and still no joy. The Hero 9 connects to my wifes Motorola Smartphone running Android 9 with no problems.
The big difference seems to be when I connect to my wifes phone the Hero 9 is recognised and has a long number under it. My phone says is can see the Hero 9 but does not have a number under it. When I look in Bluetooth settings it is there but will not connect. The only message I get apart from try again or try again later is that the 'incorrect key or passcode'
As other have said it is almost impossible to get through to the help desk. This is my first action camera and I am beginning to think a GoPro was a mistake.
Any one out there have any ideas? I have tried most things reset network on both peices of equipment, uninstalled software, rebooted tried both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz cleared cache's etc.
10-24-2020 02:58 PM
Hello @greenspeace. I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help:
- Restart your mobile device.
- Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section.
- Kill the app and relaunch it.
- On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera.
- Now, put the camera in pairing mode.
- Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app.
- Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out.
- For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set.
Let us know how it goes.
10-25-2020 08:54 AM
aenriquez. thank you for your detailed response. I had already tried the procedure you described to no avail. However to just to make sure I did go through the steps you suggested again. Sadly this did not resolve the problem.
What I did in the end is use a Bluetooth Sacnner App on my Smartphone and get the Camera to connect that wy. I had to edit the Camera name from the GoPro and 4 digit number to GoPro and an 8 didgit number and that seemed to work. I have since renamed the Camera in the GoPro app.
The problem I seem to have now is whilst I can control the Camera I cannot as yet view the media or use the Preview Screen.
Now I have lost the connection again and conot get the camera and phone to connect again, I will go through clearling all the previous data out and report back.
Update. I cannot link the camera to the phone I get incorrect pin or passkey