Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Can you turn off the stabilization? HERO 7 White

[ New ]

Hey,

I've had my hero 7 white for a long time but what is really bugging me is the fact that I dont think you can turn off the stabilisation. the stablisation makes the video look floaty and unnatural and I absolutely hate it. I feel like this is a downgrade from the hero 4 which I had for years where there wasnt any stabilisation options and everything looked natural when it was mounted onto something. now the frame crop makes my videos unusable and I cannot continue

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can you turn off the stabilization? HERO 7 White

[ New ]

@nimbledawn21, HERO7 White is a simplified version, yet built tough and totally waterproof — just grab it and go for it. For more information, you can check this article at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/introducing-hero7 that explains the features of HERO7 cameras. At this time, there is no option yet to turn off stabilization on the HERO7 White camera. Anyhow, we appreciate your feedback. We'll pass this information along to the team. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Unfortunately stabilization cannot be turned off on the GoPro Hero White.  While the GoPro Hero 7 white is amazing value for money, the downside is that it lacks the options of the more expensive camera's.  

What you could do is try posting some footage of the issues you're having, what types of mounts you're using and what you want to achieve.  Memebers here might have some helpful suggestions to help improve the situation.

GoPro

[ New ]

@nimbledawn21, HERO7 White is a simplified version, yet built tough and totally waterproof — just grab it and go for it. For more information, you can check this article at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/introducing-hero7 that explains the features of HERO7 cameras. At this time, there is no option yet to turn off stabilization on the HERO7 White camera. Anyhow, we appreciate your feedback. We'll pass this information along to the team.