Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Can you operate zoom options on GoPro Hero 5 using only the buttons (in underwater case)?

[ New ]

I have a Hero 5 camera and use it for Scuba diving. To do this I use a watertight clear case (made for GoPro Hero 5) that allows me to access the buttons on the camera, but not the screen. I use video mode and would like to be able to zoom in and out on whatever subject I happen to be filming. Is there anyway to access the zoom functions on the camera without having access to the screen?

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Can you operate zoom options on GoPro Hero 5 using only the buttons (in underwater case)?

[ New ]

No there is not.  However be aware that the zoom is a digital zoom, so it's actually just increasing the image size by cropping the image.  You will achieve the exact same quality results by zooming in using a video editor afterwards.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Can you operate zoom options on GoPro Hero 5 using only the buttons (in underwater case)?

[ New ]

No there is not.  However be aware that the zoom is a digital zoom, so it's actually just increasing the image size by cropping the image.  You will achieve the exact same quality results by zooming in using a video editor afterwards.