Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Can you Issue Voice Commands through External Connected Mic (via GoPro 3.5 mm Mic Adapter)?

[ New ]

I am thinking about buying GoPro Hero 7 Black to use while touring on my motorcyle.  The Gopro 7 will be mounted on my helmet and as such, was wondering if voice commands work through an externaly connected mic.  Due to loud wind hitting my helment, i would imagine the gopro will have a hard time hearing my commands through my helmet.  So was thinking i could install a mic inside the helmet and connect it to the camera using GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.  But if i do so, would voice commands work through the connected external mic?

thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: Can you Issue Voice Commands through External Connected Mic (via GoPro 3.5 mm Mic Adapter)?

[ New ]

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Can you Issue Voice Commands through External Connected Mic (via GoPro 3.5 mm Mic Adapter)?

[ New ]

Yes the voice commands will work using an external supported Mic and the GoPro adapter.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks guys. This is great.