Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Can't slide open the utility drawer on Hero 7

Hi, I've just bought the Hero 7 and was following the instructions via my app to connect the camera to my phone. My phone says that to Open the utility drawer I swipe down the screen- I have tried this lots of times in all different directions but nothing slides down. All I see is a messsage on the screen saying 1. Install the GoPro app on your phone 2. Follow app instructions to connect your camera. I cannot swipe on this screen. If i press (I) (information) I do see the Camera Info page. But I can't swipe on this page either. 

I've removed the app and reloaded it. I have rebooted the camera. Nothing works. Please can you tell me what is wrong? I bought this so we could use it today. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Can't slide open the utility drawer on Hero 7

How are you powering on your camera?  If you are pressing the shutter button, this activates the "Quick capture" mode.  This means your camera will power on, record, but the utility drawer and screen controls are locked out.

Try using the power button on the side of the camera.  This should power on your camera and activate the screen controls.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

Similar to other posts : I am trying to setup my new GPro hero 7 black

The screen will not swipe down to access the utility drawer. 

But what's the solution ?

I am using the power button.

I am setting up the connection for the first time (initial set up), just bought the hero7black.

following the step from the app.

Completed the 2 or 3 first steps about language, location, etc.

Switch the gopro of and on several times

tks!

Highlighted
Adventurer

somethings not right, you got the camera set up so you should get hte camera working

Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Adventurer

I took the time to demo live , lol.

you can hit quick capture only on  the  brand new camera to start up for the very first time and  it will not activate record. (see video).  You  should use Mode On. and follow what the camera told you.  

turn on. set to  your language, date & time, GPS on or off, and agree to the Terms. then it goes to  the  that prompt step 1 & 2.   with the GoPro App open press the Plus,  Sit back relax, nothing more you are going to do.  The camera will connect and  only thing you now need t odo is assign a name  1 hero 7 Black, do not like it rename it and hit save?  then it will Join.

If you Plan on using the Livestream it is best to  now set that up, only if you have 1K or more subscribers on a Hotspot! if you are on your HOME ROUTER you can  Livestream.  this creates a hidden blte connection, and sets up a connection to youtube or Facebook you have to repeat livestream for youtube or facebook, once done. that is it.

If you do a video  the select few can resolve your issue,  can be something real simple or  overlooked.   I done this a thousand times over Lol.