Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can't set up gopro hero 7 white

I've charged the camera, inserted sd card and downloaded quick destop app. When the camera is powered on the language comes up then legal stuff and I touch agree, then it says install gopro app on your phone which I don't want to do as I've installed quick destop. It says follow app instructions to connect your camera; then I can't go any further.

Help please!

Thanks in advance

IMG_6034.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Can't set up gopro hero 7 white

@supercave57585 wrote:

I've charged the camera, inserted sd card and downloaded quick destop app. When the camera is powered on the language comes up then legal stuff and I touch agree, then it says install gopro app on your phone which I don't want to do as I've installed quick destop. It says follow app instructions to connect your camera; then I can't go any further.

Help please!

Thanks in advance

what the camera is telling you in order to use it via wifi you will need the gopro app  installed on the smartphone.  if you don;t want to install it now like @danielr15  said press the side or top button that will tell the camera to Stop pairing and  the next time you want to  down the road use the app simply go load the app, turn the camera on , swipe down, wireless connections turn On and   it should ask  you to  choose the app, remote etc. and  the rest the camera will do. while you follow the app instructions.

FISH

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @supercave57585,

If you don't want to pair your camera to your phone you may skip that. 

Just press the mode button or the power button. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello, i am having an exactly same problem, how would I go about this ?
Highlighted
Explorer

Have you pressed the little side button on the camera?
Highlighted
Adventurer

@supercave57585 wrote:

Help please!

Thanks in advance

what the camera is telling you in order to use it via wifi you will need the gopro app  installed on the smartphone.  if you don;t want to install it now like @danielr15  said press the side or top button that will tell the camera to Stop pairing and  the next time you want to  down the road use the app simply go load the app, turn the camera on , swipe down, wireless connections turn On and   it should ask  you to  choose the app, remote etc. and  the rest the camera will do. while you follow the app instructions.

FISH