Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Can’t purchase from GoPro.com. Is this a scam?

[ New ]

Hi, all

I'm having the same problems as everybody else. Can't purchase anything from GoPro.com. None of my 3 cards are accepted and they of course works perfect everywhere else. Been in contact with support several times but they can't help (surprise, surprise). It's a shame that a company that really needs good press and sales are treating their potential customers this way. I mean the cameras are great but the sales department don't seem to care about this major problem at all? Just look at the number of angry people in this forum who are trying to use the GoPro Hero 9 promo and can't purchase.

So my question is... has anyone here managed to purchase a GoPro Hero 9 with the discount from the site? Please let us know.

Or is this a major scam where GoPro is luring us to purchase the GoPro Hero 9 full priced at the local store instead.... because that is what the support personnel has been suggesting. This seems very shady IMHO. Let me know what you think and maybe someone at GoPro actually takes this huge problem seriously.

Best regards from Sweden / Jörgen

DA9E5357-0BD2-4899-A5ED-80E8FC5E5A6F.png
Nomad

Re: Can’t purchase from GoPro.com. Is this a scam?

[ New ]

What discount code are you on about?  GoPro already offers a discount on it's camera if you purchase with their 1 year free GoPro Plus subscription.  They also apply the subsciption discount to any other items you purchase at the time.  So that would be the worlds worst scam, to actually give you what you are paying for.

Or even worse, a scam where the person doesn't take your money?  Your post doesn't make much sense.

It sounds like you are trying to apply a discount code to an already discounted item and it's very specifically listed that promotions cannot be combined.  

Tourist

Betreff: Can’t purchase from GoPro.com. Is this a scam?

[ New ]

Hallo Jörgen,

ich habe die Hero 9 zum Aktionspreis bestellt und gestern bekommen. Meine Visa hat er akzeptiert.

Mein Benutzerkonto gibt es aber schon einige Jahre.

Gruß aus Deutschland

Sebastian

Hiker

[ New ]

It doesn't seem like you understand my problem (and all the others with the same problem described in this very forum). I'm not talking about any discount code (where did I mention that?). I'm talking about the GoPro Hero 9 promo seen on the first page on gopro.com where you can purchase a GoPro Hero 9 and a 1 year subscription for a reduced price.

It's just impossible to purchase as I explained above and that doesn't make much sense (did you read my post?) As you can see in the screenshot no credit card is accepted. I tried 3 of mine which obviously works everywhere else but not at the GoPro checkout.

Tourist

[ New ]

I understand your Problem, I purchased the Hero9+1Y Subscription as a special offer from the gopro website and It was possible to pay with my VISA Card!

Hiker

[ New ]
Are you in the US or in Europe? Which kind of card (Visa, Mastercard) did you use? Mine are all Mastercards and none are working despite unlocked for international purchases on the internet :-(
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm from Germany - VISA

Hiker

[ New ]
OK, thx! It's a good promo and I would really like to take part of it if I could. Scheisse!
Nomad

[ New ]

Have you tried using a different browser or opening up your order window in an "incognito" tab?  There could be a problem with cookies on your laptop.

The other thing that may be happening is that you could be trying to order something that is out of stock.  Ensure that items you order all say "available".

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, I have tried all those things unfortunately. All items in stock. Different browsers. Different computers, iPads, iPhones. Nothing works. I suspect that it may have something to do with me having Swedish letters in my name (Jörgen) and adress. But what to do when I need to specify the exact name that is written on the credit cards. Hmmm....
Hiker

[ New ]
It would also be helpful if GoPro could offer other means of payment, like Apple Pay or PayPal and this problem would never have existed in the first place.