Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can't preview your hevc video error on phone

When I try and watch my 4K videos on my GoPro app from either my iPad or my iPhone I get an error that says can’t preview your HEVC video Download the original to your iPhone to view it. I don’t want to have to download every video because a lot of them need to be deleted is there a way that I can view the videos on the phone without downloading them

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't preview your hevc video error on phone

[ Edited ]

Hello @shongregersen

This issue is associated with the file using HEVC. This particular resolution sets a limitation to previewing while recording via the GoPro App and playing back media on the camera via GoPro App. This article on HEVC Explained will tell you more about HEVC files and how to deal with them using your devices. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't preview your hevc video error on phone

[ Edited ]

Hello @shongregersen

This issue is associated with the file using HEVC. This particular resolution sets a limitation to previewing while recording via the GoPro App and playing back media on the camera via GoPro App. This article on HEVC Explained will tell you more about HEVC files and how to deal with them using your devices. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius