Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Can't import recorded files from GoPro Max

[ New ]

I tried 3 different Windows 10 PCs to import the Files from my brandnew GoPro Max.

When i try to start the Copy of the files manually from the Data Explorer it tries to start it, freezes and then just cancels it after 5 minutes (timeout).

The GoPro Player App on Windows 10 doesnt even have a "import" feature, when i try to "open" a file throught the App it also freezes the integrated data explorer and crashes.

How can it be so hard to just transfer files from this GoPro to my PC? And no, i don't have a SD Card reader, its 2021. Neither my PC, nor my personal Notebook, nor my work Notebook, nor my fiancees Notebook have a SD Card reader.

GoPro

Re: Can't import recorded files from GoPro Max

[ New ]

Hi @heroicexpe70241

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Have you tried using a different cable/port?

If you haven't yet, please go over the steps on

Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port

You may also check How to Resolve GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter Crashing Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi, the Camera IS recognized and appears in the Data Explorer. As stated the problem is the Camera crashes the Windows Data Explorer as soon as you try to start copying the Data from the Camera to the PC. This happens on 3 different PCs with 3 different Cables (not that a different Cable would make any difference, its digital, 0s or 1s, either it works or not)
Obviously none of the trivial stuff written on these pages help, hence i'm writing here for help. Don't you have any real troubleshooting KB?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @heroicexpe70241

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej