Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can't get my GoPro to connect to the app to download my recordings!

I got my GoPro Hero Silver 7 for Christmas and everytime I've used it I haven't been able to connect to the app to download and view my recordings. I have tried getting my phone and camera to forget it's connections and re-establish them but this doesn't make any difference. The app find s my camera but won't connect. The wifi is definitely on, on the camera and phone.

I have an iPhone 8 if that makes any difference.

Please help - it's driving me crazy!! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't get my GoPro to connect to the app to download my recordings!

Hello, @brettthecyclist. First, perform a manual update for the camera firmware. The steps under Manual Update here. will guide you. After the update, do a factory reset.   

Make sure you that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. Reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then re-pair. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't get my GoPro to connect to the app to download my recordings!

Hello, @brettthecyclist. First, perform a manual update for the camera firmware. The steps under Manual Update here. will guide you. After the update, do a factory reset.   

Make sure you that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. Reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then re-pair.