Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Can’t find newer files on SD card

I have a Hero 3+ Black. I don’t use it very often but recently took some videos. I can view the videos directly from my GoPro but can’t find them on my SD card when trying to transfer to my Windows PC. The most recent files I can see on the SD card are from 2018 (the last time I took some videos). I can also see the files in GoPro quick if I add media directly from the SD card. But for some reason the files are not viewable from Windows Explorer.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can’t find newer files on SD card

Hello @graytree66841. Could it be that your computer does not have a viewer/player that recognizes the format that the GoPro videos are in? If you are seeing the files through Quik for desktop, you can try this: locate the files in your computer following the file path for storage below:

• /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro - Mac
  • C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro - Windows

The steps described here will guide you on how to locate such files. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I figured it out!  The date on my camera was wrong.  The files were being downloaded correctly, but the file date was showing as 2013 rather than 2019, which is why I could not find them.  

Highlighted
GoPro

@graytree66841, thanks for posting back with an update. Glad to hear that you were able to find your GoPro files. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!