Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't export 360 Audio?

Hello Everyone, 

We appreciate the feedback and hear your concerns. We will pass these on to the teams in charge. We will keep you posted once we have new information to share with you. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

@bluewater86456
Nice work finding the 6 PCM files. Can you share how you accessed the files?

I'm going to use soundscape renderer or supercollider to process the audio anyways, so being able to separate them from the video is important to me anyways.

Do you know if it's possible to locate the gyro datastream in the metadata?
Highlighted
Hiker

YES, finally I got it to work !!

First I checked the 360 files by "mediainfo".

That clearly indicates that there are 2 audio and one datastream.

The 1st audio is the stereo (2ch) sound, and the 2nd is the 4ch PCM track.

Therefor I've been using ffmpeg to extract the 2nd track. That gives me a wav-file.

I'm importing and synchronizing that one together with the original 360-file into "Resolve".

Now I have a prefect 360 equirectangular video linked to 4 channel spherical sound.

It looks like the 4ch sperical audio has the same ambisonics-order as the older "fusion" had before.

So, I'm confident now that the gpro engineers will only have to update their desktopsoftware to access the second audiostream the same way I did..... at least the max itself is still working well.

About your question...yes I can see a 3rd datastream. Presumably that is the telemetry/GPS datatrack...but I have'nt checked that, because I already exrtacted the files with world-stabilization.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. We have recently released new versions of the desktop apps (for Windows and Mac). Please see below for specific release notes: 

GoPro Player v 1.0.2 

This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

• Fixed stabilization issue for videos without World Lock.
  • Fixed horizon leveling issue for MAX TimeWarp and TimeLapse videos that were trimmed.  
  • Squashed a few bugs and made a couple of enhancements.

GoPro Exporter v 1.9.2.0 

• Added support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio.
  • Enhanced 360 audio for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock.
  • An improved user interface, including:
    • More intuitive look and feel
    • Preview controls
    • Cancel export button
    • Sticky user settings
    • Drag and Drop files from the camera
  • Several bug fixes and enhancements, including:
    • Fixed app crash issues related to video imports, previews, and changing languages
    • Video preview now renders the first frame
    • GPMF track is now present in exported files

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new versions and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, I'm confused. How exactly does this resolve the issue for people who only have an iMac? I see nothing in the GoPro Player release that resolves the lack of 360 audio. Am I meant to go buy a PC just to export MAX video? It is almost inconceivable that there was no easy way to ensure 360 audio could be experienced with video recorded on your new flagship 360 camera from the day of purchase. More inconceivable it's taken this long to resolve. And now only resolved for PC. Have you added a disclaimer when buying the MAX that states 360 audio is only achieved if you have a PC? Ridiculous.

Highlighted
Hiker

Did anyone find the new software mentioned above released and available for download anywhere? I've been trying to find it pretty much by all means I had, yet I just couldn't find where to get it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Player for Mac is on the App store - it should have automatically updated to the new version or you open the App Store app, click om updates, and it should be available to Update. 

As for the PC - well that's more of a problem because the app itself has no option to check for updates, and as far as I can tell has no way of telling which version you're on. It's a piece of crap application. Trying to download the latest version from Windows it just tells you you already have the application. The site doesn't tell you which version it is either, or shows latest updates to the app - just an app overview.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/gopro-max-exporter/9plk8dps5t8c?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:reviewstab

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kongineer. Have you been able to update to the new version of the GoPro MAX Exporter? 

@jivemm . It is true that the Microsoft Store does not have a way to show the latest version or check for updates. If one wishes to check on the version though, it has to be through the program files on the computer. Once on the list of programs, look for the GoPro Max Exporter then select Advanced Options. A pop-up window will then appear showing details including the version number. The app is also automatically updated. 

We appreciate your feedback regarding the missing feature (support for 360 audio export) on the GoPro MAX Player. We have passed it along to the team. We will definitely keep this thread updated once we get new information.