Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Can't export 360 Audio?

[ New ]

Hello @millerneutron. The version of the GoPro MAX Exporter in the above description that you cited is an older version. The Microsoft Store only has the latest version available. 

Tourist

[ New ]

It's been 6 months and you guys still have nothing to show for the spherical audio/ambisonics on Mac OSX.  GoPro.  Can I get a refund for your bait-and-switch product?

GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the long wait, @steamfire. Our team is aware of the issue. We will definitely post about it once we have new information. You might want to check out a user-share solution on this thread.

Should you want to proceed with a refund and you purchased your MAX through gopro.com, let our Support team know so they can help you with your request. You can reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Mac user here. Android Mobile app doesnt allow ambisonic record before recording, I tried gropro max onboard screen and I can switch to ambisonic, even thou a stereo file is the only that I get, no ambisonic file is possible. I have last version of mobile app, Mac app, and did the last update for the camera firmware. It is a brand new camera, please answer becouse built in ambisonic is why I bought this go pro max and if it doest work I dont want it.

Hiker

[ New ]

I also bought this Max cam because ambisonic audio for music concerts and events ....During the conversion, the sound changes to stereo and then you need hours for sound extra export and exactly cuts and so on ....
I'm waiting for new ver. of MAX exporter, but nothnig. Even 3K 60fps you can't export from .360 file with Max exporter.
I don't know what they do, but this is caos. You need something to do in phone app, something in MAx exporter, something in video program, then you have only and one solution for Adobe Premiere, and I have only PS and LR ... for video I have other SW .... I'm disapointed ...
It's year 2020, not 1995, when came out win95' and millions of problems.... And I bought it for 600€!!! Phone app is for hobby users .... and we all users don’t just use the A. Premiere either - costs/month ....

Nomad

[ New ]

So just to be clear, you've had issues with PC's as far back as Windows 95.....  (I'm not sure why you felt the need to mention this as it seems totally irrelevant).

For working with 360 Footage you can also use DaVinci Resolve and instastudio, you'll just be relegated to 4K, but at least it's free.

GoPro are currently working on new software for reframing Max video in Windows complete with 360 sound, it's currently in testing and hopefully the software will be here by next month.

The problem with buying the latest and greatest is that if you buy it too soon, you are the one dealing with all the bugs and software disappointments.  If you had waited before buying you would have seen lots of people are in the same boat.  GoPro did a fairly bad job with their non existent and non working software, bold GoPro Bold!  However they have been throwing resources at this and a fairly big fix in terms of software is on the way, you just need to be patient at wait.

There are also other posts on this forum from people who have found ways to export the ambisonic sound and video footage from their GoPro Max, you'll just have to search to find it (I have nothing book marked as it didn't interest me).

Hiker

[ New ]
Release date of Max was in october 2019!
It's almost time for new cam, not for completly new software which should be launched oktober with a camera.
Sorry, hard times are for everyone. You rememeber, they made such an advertisement, especially for 6 surround sound - woow, that you don't even think about it and you go and buy because you think it's the best.
On fusion was sound with 3 mics very very good and I thought on MAx is much even better ...
Nowhere did they state that it will be in half or a year, but you write as if it's my fault and I demand something that they can't do....
Yes, i was trying to export ambisonic sounds ... .... time, time time .... too much time you spend... to much to waiting for solutions ... months and months ... why didn't they wait and then release the camera with all the SW (one or only two months later). That would be a big win.
Hiker

[ New ]

@vr360enthusiast  ha scritto:
Yes, i was trying to export ambisonic sounds ... .... time, time time .... too much time you spend... to much to waiting for solutions ... months and months ... why didn't they wait and then release the camera with all the SW (one or only two months later). That would be a big win.

Because in doing so they anticipated the sale of the MAX compared to the competition, and once you are on the boat then you don't leave it anymore and you are forced to wait for the resolution of the problems or the missing software. This is marketing.