Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Can't edit GoPro Max 360 Hyperlapse with Premiere 2019 or 2020.

(background....I've previously done quite a bit of capture and edit of 360 video and stills from my Max.  Used a Fusion quite a bit also.)

I've captured two long hyperlapse 360 videos with my Max the last few days.  The first one was 10x, the 2nd was 30x.

I can't succesfully edit either video with Adobe Premiere 2020 or 2019 (64-bit Windows 10).  After 500-700 frames Premiere begins giving this error multiple times:

"Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file:  <path to .mov>"

The Max split the videos into two files each (expected).  Both sections start fine, then have issues after 500-700 frames.

The video looks fine before the errors.

The camera itself gave no errors.

The GoPro Max Exporter (5.6K Cineform,  no Horizon Level or World Lock ) gave no errors.

Help???

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Can't edit GoPro Max 360 Hyperlapse with Premiere 2019 or 2020.

UPDATE:    If I export to h.264 it works.  But....

1) GoPro Max Exporter won't export 5.6K (4K is the maximum)

2) h.264 is not as good for subsequent editing (lossy).

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @lchapman99. The GoPro MAX Exporter can only export in 5.6K when the chosen codec is CineForm. Have you been able to check with Adobe regarding the error message that you are getting? See if there is any missing system requirement or codec that could be causing the issue. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, I know the Exporter will only do 5.6K using Cineform. GoPro needs to fix that. h.264 should also be able to be exported in 5.6K.

I have used the Cineform codec many times with standard (not hyperlapse) with no errors in Premiere.